Leather type for D-Style bauletto?

Ohh, I love this :love:! Is this new collection and still available at the boutiques? And do you know if this color also comes in the smaller Piccolo size?
I might need this one myself :graucho:.

Yes, it is the new collection. I am still totally in love with this bag. So happy I finally found my dream bag. :heart::heart:
While I was on vacation this month I also visited a Tod's boutique. The SA was freaking out when she saw my bag as she hasn't seen such a style yet. I think she actually wanted to keep my bag herself :P:P
This style as a D-bag might be hard to find in the boutiques. But I just saw that the same style (same colors, same two types of leather) is available on tods.com as Shopping Media bag.
Good luck. ;)

Yes, it is the new collection. I am still totally in love with this bag. So happy I finally found my dream bag. :heart::heart:
While I was on vacation this month I also visited a Tod's boutique. The SA was freaking out when she saw my bag as she hasn't seen such a style yet. I think she actually wanted to keep my bag herself :P:P
This style as a D-bag might be hard to find in the boutiques. But I just saw that the same style (same colors, same two types of leather) is available on tods.com as Shopping Media bag.
Good luck. ;)

Thank you for sharing! It's a very pretty bag, and I really like it because of the two types of leather, which makes it less delicate. And I love blue, so I really need to go and see this bag in person.
I am in Europe, so I hope this bag is available here as well. Need to give Tod's a call tomorrow :graucho:.

Reading this, again, especially the use of "natural patina" and "grain remains visible" is a clue. I don't think they are allowed to say that, if the grain and natural patina were sanded off and then embossed with a pebble finish. My guess is that this is top grain/full grain. The card says to me that there might be some irregularities to it because it was not corrected.

Hi!
Just updating....there is no news...I have raised a third query on their website tonight....

E x

Jburgh...

I finally have an answer...the leather is Gaucho, it's calfskin with a medium-large elk skin grain.

So, this would mean the pebbled look is a print! Is that good enough given the purported quality of the bag?

Thx
E

Elizabel, take a look at this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leather

Pebble grain can be created 2 ways. It could be a natural look from the shrinkage of the skin during tanning, or more likely it could be sanded smooth, then embossed with a roller to look pebbled, or simply embossed without sanding. You'll find that there are lots of strong opinions out there about this, if you dig into it. I like the look of full grain (non-corrected) pebbled leather and have found it to be more water resistant and less prone to scratching.

Hi jburgh
So, the first email from Tod 's said that it was a print on the leather, medium to large elk grain print on calf leather...I went to clarify and got a completely different response. The pebbling is naturally occurring and they referred to the care card that you and already discussed. This makes it sound like top grain leather....for reference I sent them photos of the bag tag, of the bag and the receipt, which was cross referenced with the code on the tag.

I'm very happy to have the clarification and pleased that it is the real thing...just can't quite believe how hard it was to get it!

Thanks for your support :flowers:

E x

Are these 2 D-styling Bauletto bags made from stiffer leather or are they just brand new and therefore not yet softened up? When I saw the red one at Holts, it was on the slouchy side but thick luscious leather, of course. Are these two different?

Sigaro + Mirtillo

View attachment 2109809View attachment 2109810
I have one with stiffer leather in dark purple piccolo (really love the color!). I use it often but the leather still not get any softer yet. I think it the leather is finished with some kind of glazzy coating, and maybe it won't get slouchy.
Oh, I've seen one like that too on the Tod's official web last year when i do some resarch for the bag before i buy it :biggrin: