Leather turning blue..?

lakeshow

O.G.
Dec 7, 2010
I got a large, black Hamilton bag a little over a month ago and I just noticed today the front handle appears to be turning...blue? I've never had this happen with any other bag, anyone know what the deal is? I googled about it and I just got hits about car interiors doing it because of jeans...I know for a fact I haven't worn denim in a few months so it couldn't be transferring. I don't moisturize during the day & it's only on the front handle so I couldn't imagine it being that....has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions of what to do?

tITx5.jpg

I only have an iphone camera & I'm in the library at school so the lighting is bright; it isn't quite this pronounced IRL but still noticeable.

I'm so sorry this has happened! I've had my black N/S Hamilton for over a year and everything is still just fine and all parts are black.
I would take it back to where you purchased it and see if they will switch it out because this is definitely a manufacturing defect. Even if you used hand lotion, etc., frequently, it would turn the entire handle blue. I hope you can get it worked out :smile: