Leather turning blue..?

lakeshow

O.G.
Dec 7, 2010
Canada
I got a large, black Hamilton bag a little over a month ago and I just noticed today the front handle appears to be turning...blue? I've never had this happen with any other bag, anyone know what the deal is? I googled about it and I just got hits about car interiors doing it because of jeans...I know for a fact I haven't worn denim in a few months so it couldn't be transferring. I don't moisturize during the day & it's only on the front handle so I couldn't imagine it being that....has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions of what to do?

I only have an iphone camera & I'm in the library at school so the lighting is bright; it isn't quite this pronounced IRL but still noticeable.

lakeshow

O.G.
Dec 7, 2010
Canada
Apparently the same thing is happening on the key tag

and on the inside but only on the right?

(don't mind my cigarettes and candy..essay fuel!)

Jan 23, 2008
Michigan
I'm so sorry this has happened! I've had my black N/S Hamilton for over a year and everything is still just fine and all parts are black.
I would take it back to where you purchased it and see if they will switch it out because this is definitely a manufacturing defect. Even if you used hand lotion, etc., frequently, it would turn the entire handle blue. I hope you can get it worked out :smile: