Leather Tote - Madewell vs Cuyana vs FashionABLE Ebise

Leather Tote - Madewell or Cuyana or FashionABLE Ebise?

• FashionABLE Ebise Tote in Black/Cognac

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FashionABLE Ebise Tote in Cognac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

myst8

Jun 17, 2013
Hi All,

Tote lovers! Need some help here.

I'm looking for a leather tote I can primarily carry to work - I want it to be minimal, durable and classy looking.
I'm confused between the Madewell Transport Tote, the Cuyana tote & the FashionABLE Ebise leather tote in black.

Owners of these bags - please weigh in on this!

Thank you!

madewell.jpg cuyana.jpg ebise_EH.jpg

myst8

Jun 17, 2013
Thanks for answering! I like the Whipping Post tote too but don't like the words "Whipping Post" on the bag! Lol!

christinemliu

Dec 4, 2014
East Coast
Haha, I never thought about that. I own this one, it looks similar to the Whipping Post one, but I ordered the short size, to be used not so much as a tote but as a medium to large purse. I added on a top snap, an exterior pocket, and detachable strap. It wears well, the leather is supple but it's not smooshy or pebbled; it is more hard-y and rustic.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/249119643/usa-made-rustic-leather-tote-with-dark
She is having a sale today on the Porter Tote, which is a thicker leather and recommended for heavier things like a laptop, but I don't have one myself so can't comment much on it.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/521876965/porter-sale-330-42?ref=shop_home_active_1

Sorry to add another option in your search...

Ash4rd

Jan 4, 2014
Hello, I need help. I want to purchase reasonable leather tote bag to carry to work. This bag needs to be large enough to put my lunch, change of shoes or boots, and also has to be able to hold my purse. This bag will be used to eliminate carry two or more bags to work daily. The ONLY totes I am looking into are Cuyana's Zipper Tote, Madewell's Transport, and Fount's Classic Bellfield tote (made in Cleveland, Ohio) Fount brand is the most expensive. If anybody in the forum has tried all three of these totes let me know which is the best to purchase.