leather store /downtown my adventure/fake coach

Glitter Girl

Apr 13, 2007
So I have to go to bed now but I wanted to share what happened to me today. I was walking around downtown where I live, Salem mass. It is a tourist town and there are a lot of shops restaurants etc. I went into this new store that has been around for maybe a year but I just haven't been in that area for a while so I was curious to go in and look around. well, I saw this nice black leather bag, not really a designer bag, it was a shoulder bag and there was this dogleash closure so it changed the shape when attached and it had double adjustable straps, it was nice soft black leather so I tried it on and the owner started talking to be about it etc. Then we got on the topic of Coach bags and she was like " I have this pleather coach knockoff and the quality of leather is not that much worse than the real thing" My jaw dropped and I was like "huh" So she was comparing a plastic leather bag to a genuine leather Coach bag and saying that they were the same and "it's only 60 bucks" and how she is really "picky" about what she buys. Then to my horror, I saw a fake silver metallic prada satchel on the shelf, an ugly blue and white signature very bad fake coach checkbook wallet on the counter. So I didn't want to be all combative with her I just said that I had never seen that style before but whatever it was was trying to be a tote but nothing like anything real from coach that I had ever seen. so I looked at one other nice red teardrop leather bag and then left. When I turned back to the store(something made me look) I saw a large khaki fake signature bag hanging in the window. People definitley act like this is ok and there is nothing illegal about it around here !

awww thats a bummer.

maybe you should have a fake bag burning in your back yard and invite all the merchants....hahaha totally kidding

off topic: i totally want to go to salem during halloween next year!

Halloween here is the best time ! You definitely have to have a few days leading up to halloween and then get out early on the actual day. They break things up kinda early to avoid trouble. It is a great time, lots to do and see. We go to events the whole month starting with the night parade the kicks off the season, it is cool !

if they really think there's no difference in quality between the fake and the real thing... then they deserve the craptitude of the fake. ;) not that that makes it ok. but more real coach bags for the rest of us!