Leather shops in Rome?

Minty Tea

Jun 14, 2015
We are heading to Italy in a few months and will be staying in Rome for 5 days, before heading to the coast and then Milan. I don't have much shopping time as this is a cultural/history vacation for the kids. I really want to get a leather bag from Rome and the following stores were mentioned from a site I bookmarked in the past. Can anyone comment on them? Or give suggestions to other stores? We'll be staying in the Piazza Navona area.

Saddlers Union, Via Margutta 11, 00187 Rome, +39 06 3212 0237

Gazelle, Via del Corso 30, 00186 Rome, +39 06 361 4194

Alfieri, Via del Corso 2, Rome, +39 06 361 1976

Il Bisonte, Via Borgognona 13, 00187 Rome, +39 06 6880 8097More
Francesco Rogani, Via dei Condotti 47, 00187 Rome, +39 06 678 4036

I would love to know too!! A few years ago my husbamd and I were in Florence and a street vendor near the piazza del duomo had this absolutely amazingly gorgeous leather bag. We really wanted it but we had heard that a lot of the leather goods the street vendors sell are now brought in from china and sold as made in Italy.

I am planning to go to Rome sometime this year and would love to hear answers to your q.

I would love to know too!! A few years ago my husbamd and I were in Florence and a street vendor near the piazza del duomo had this absolutely amazingly gorgeous leather bag. We really wanted it but we had heard that a lot of the leather goods the street vendors sell are now brought in from china and sold as made in Italy.

I am planning to go to Rome sometime this year and would love to hear answers to your q.

I've heard the same thing from friends who have toured Europe. They mentioned that even the paintings that the local artists are supposedly selling were brought in from China.
I think that if its a well established store then the leather goods are 100% Italian made. But then again I watched too many Scam City episodes.