Leather Quality with RH vs GH

Does anyone agree that bags with GH has thicker leather than bags with RH ?

Yes! Completely agree. I can't speak for the new bags, as I only have oldies, but the GH bags are IMO thicker - I've sometimes felt the leather is better quality too, maybe because it has that extra weight to carry from the hardware. I might be wrong, of course...

It's kinda weird, because lately I've been swapping between 3 City bags, all of which are the giant 12 HW, and I've been happy......but last night I pulled out my RH Lagon City that I haven't carried since July, and OMG! I fell in love all over again. The leather is far better on it IMO than on my other Citys. It's so pretty that I've been peeking into my desk drawer off and on all day just to gasp at its gorgeousness! My black mGGH flat clutch has AMAZING leather, though, so it really may just vary from bag to bag.

It's kinda weird, because lately I've been swapping between 3 City bags, all of which are the giant 12 HW, and I've been happy......but last night I pulled out my RH Lagon City that I haven't carried since July, and OMG! I fell in love all over again. The leather is far better on it IMO than on my other Citys. It's so pretty that I've been peeking into my desk drawer off and on all day just to gasp at its gorgeousness! My black mGGH flat clutch has AMAZING leather, though, so it really may just vary from bag to bag.

Don't you love that? Re-falling in love with a bag that has been in the closet for so long! Its like.. "eeeek!", oh so happy. :smile:

That is awesome! What year is your Lagon City?

I was wondering because I was looking for a new Black City at Neiman Marcus a couple months ago. While trying on all the different hardwares, and I've noticed that the GGH bag's leather just looks so much more saturated and 'prettier' compare to the ones with RH.

That or the GGH, bling factor just brings out the colors more on the bags. Maybe its just a illusion that GH bags have better leather/saturation because there is more of a contrast. While RH just kind of blends into darker bags.

If the leather is indeed better that'll justify the huge price difference between RH and GH. :smile:

I have two Dark Violet bags, one with G12 and the other is RH, I personally feel that the RH bag is softer than the G12 HW. Thickness wise, G12 is definitely thicker, but dryer? :/

Totally agree. It's thicker and heartier than RH. I'm very anal about my bags and I've somehow managed to get superficial scratches on my RH cities while my GGH bags are flawless despite international travel. My last 2 Bal purchases have been GGH and I probably won't be going back to RH anytime soon.

Totally agree. It's thicker and heartier than RH. I'm very anal about my bags and I've somehow managed to get superficial scratches on my RH cities while my GGH bags are flawless despite international travel. My last 2 Bal purchases have been GGH and I probably won't be going back to RH anytime soon.

I'm sorry that happened to you. :sad: