leather peeling on my Marc Jacobs bag!

chanelleen

chanelfan
Dec 25, 2008
SO sad, i purchased this bag less than a year ago from a Nordstrom, but it was on sale, it was only like $500, but original retail like $1300. What do you think Nordies can do for me? Its not like i can switch it for anything since MJ purses dont go for that much normally :'(
HEEELP!
I'm so embarrassed to be carrying a ripped purse :sad:

yes, im curious which bag as well. most of the bags are great quality. i really think the current hillier problems have to do with the chemicals used to get the colors and how they adhere to the leather. i haven't heard much other issues wih his other bags besides the carter line...

gosh! i too would like to know which bag is it!

been hearing problems with the hiller...right when i finally want to purchase one!!

please share...and do update if you manage to get it repaired!

good luck!!

so the bag is the bal harbour satchel
it's peeling from the side
mjbag.jpg

see how it has a darker ribbing on the side, like the part where it gives the bag structure? well that part is peeling so instead of the leather I can only see the black plastic under it, I haven't had the chance of taking pictures to send it to MJ repairs since I don't have my camera but I will ASAP!
I hope it can be repaired! I absolutely love my purse!! :crybaby:

^ That is the Resort 2006 Bal Harbour Satchel. Unfortunately, MJ repairs only overs bags produced in the last 24 months so Diego may not be able to help you. In that case, your best bet would be to see what service Nordstrom can offer you.

Just to be clear, is this happening to the piping at the bottom of the bag or the rim around the top? If you could post pictures of the peeling it would really help.

sounds like the piping, i agree. you must have bumped it on something, or it lifted on the area where the piping is joined it sounds like...

ITA with June and Melly. Leather piping can be delicate by nature. If there is too much wear or the edge gets rubbed on something abrasive or sharp it can leave the interior exposed. Sorry this happened. Nordies has great CS. They will probably fix it for you :tup:.