Leather or RM bags

I got my first (and second) RM bags from the bloomingdales sale yesterday -- I got the MAB and a Nikki. I'm not sure I am loving the bags though. The MAB was in that blue-ish color that really looks more like purple but I was expecting it to be more of a true blue. I was also a bit disappointed with the look of the leather -- it was a bit too smooshy and had too many wrinkles for me. Interestingly, the Nikki was the opposite and was very stiff and shiny but it was almost too stiff. I was also surprised by the short handle. I don't mean to be critical, I am still a RM fan, I just have to figure out which bags are right for me. Is the leather on most of the MAB's smooshy and with lots of wrinkles? My black basketweave is on the way and i'm hoping its not like that!

RM's leather can be quite textured depending on what season its from! I personally like the variations she uses in her leather. As far as the stiff leather bag, give it a couple weeks to break in and it will be fine.

I have two black RM bags, and i think its the perfect leather. Its very soft touch wise, but not tooo soft like the dusty, or night blue that you got, that will cause it to just fall over. KWIM? I think you will be happy with the basketweave ;)

It really just depends on the kind of leather you like. I just got a Night blue Nikki and I love the leather it's perfect. Also the Nikki has a short handle but it slouches in the middle so it gives you more of a drop. Rm leather vairy so you just need to find the kind of leather you like.

I've found on the bags with the stiff leather, that I was very disappointed when it came, but after using it even just once, it started to soften up a bit and after repeated use, it becomes nice and soft and smooshy.

But if you don't like that, definitely keep looking, I haven't seen one RM bag with the same type of leather so theres definitely a lot of variety around!