Leather Mahogany Sophia Small

daisy7345

Feb 4, 2010
Hi-
What is the difference between the leather mahogany sophia small with brass hardware versus nickel hardware? I recently purchased this bag with the nickel hardware and wanted to know if there was a difference.

TIA!

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I have the small mahogany Sophia with gold hardware. I believe the Sophia with the silver hardware is actually the peat color. It's a slightly different shade of brown. I was just looking at a small peat Sophia in an outlet last weekend, but didn't buy it since I already have the mahogany. I haven't seen the mahogany Sophia with silver hardware yet. I think I prefer the gold with mahogany myself; it seems to add some warmth to the bag IMO.

Gwtwmum3

Sep 22, 2011
I have the small mahogany Sophia with gold hardware. I believe the Sophia with the silver hardware is actually the peat color. It's a slightly different shade of brown. I was just looking at a small peat Sophia in an outlet last weekend, but didn't buy it since I already have the mahogany. I haven't seen the mahogany Sophia with silver hardware yet. I think I prefer the gold with mahogany myself; it seems to add some warmth to the bag IMO.
I would LOVE to see the Mahogany Sophia -I have seen the peat with silver but think I'd like the Mahogany better.

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I would LOVE to see the Mahogany Sophia -I have seen the peat with silver but think I'd like the Mahogany better.
Go figure; I don't have a pic of mine LOL. I'm at work currently, but I'll try to remember to upload a pic over the weekend if I can. I can't really describe the difference between the two really. I guess to me, the mahogany is a bit warmer of a brown or maybe a bit richer?

Here's one on eBay (not my auction!)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-C...509?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item3a6c1e5995

From what I've seen, it seems to be hard to photograph this color and get it to come out pretty close to the true shade.

daisy7345

Feb 4, 2010
I didn't realize there were two different colors!! Thank you for pointing that out to me! So the peat color has silver hardware while the mahogany has gold? Peat is just a lighter shade of brown, right?

Also, how do we take care of that particular type of leather? I noticed that it has so kind of a "shine" to it than regular leather. Is this type of leather more delicate?

nc.girl

Girly Gear Head
Dec 10, 2010
North Carolina, USA
I didn't realize there were two different colors!! Thank you for pointing that out to me! So the peat color has silver hardware while the mahogany has gold? Peat is just a lighter shade of brown, right?

Also, how do we take care of that particular type of leather? I noticed that it has so kind of a "shine" to it than regular leather. Is this type of leather more delicate?
Yes, as far as I know the peat Sophias are silver HW only, and the mahogany are gold HW only. I'm really not sure how to describe the peat color; hopefully someone on here can offer a good description of it! It's a pretty color, it really is...but I just prefer the mahogany.

My care card said to just use a damp cloth to wipe anything off that's gotten on the bag. I don't think you're supposed to use the Coach conditioner on this type of leather. The leather does have a pretty sheen to it, but I haven't found it to be delicate at all. I've been carrying my Madison Marielle in black leather daily for at least a month or more now, and I haven't had any problems with it. She's even been caught in rain a time or two, and no issues at all! The Madison leather seems to pretty durable IMO. The sueded-type is the one you've got to be a little more careful with, so I haven't been able to bring myself to get one of those yet!