Leather leggings- yay or nay??

sunny07

O.G.
Sep 13, 2007
Ok ladies, I need help! I've always loved the look of leather leggings and wondered if I could pull them off. Well, I just scored a pair of black Vince leather leggings for 1/3 the original price! (Still pricey though!) They're surprisingly comfortable, leather is super soft and not too shiny, and they fit well. I'm just not sure I can pull it off, or that they're worth the splurge. I'm thinking they'll look great w/some of my slouchy Vince cashmere sweaters. But I need inspiration- do you love your leather leggings? Are they comfy to wear all day? When, where, how do you wear them? Dressy only? Casual? Also, are they hard to care for? And post modeling pics if you have any. Thanks ladies! :biggrin:

Agreed they can be difficult to pull off!! But when done right I think they look so so fantastic! :smile: They'd be something fun and different to wear on a night out in the fall. Also wondering if they're a trend thats on the way out...in which case it's hard to justify keeping them!

hexomega said:
Leggings should not be worn with shirts. Leggings are worn with dresses or shorts over them. Leggings are NOT pants.

This! Omg I see too many people in just leggings. Not a good look...

Buy worn correctly I think the leather ones are amazing. Very rocker. I'm so sad that I'm just too overweight for this trend. I would buy some in a heartbeat.

As for keeping them. Well that depends on your personal style.