leather key ring question

i was curious as to whether the hermes key rings with leather animals (or clover, horseshoe, etc.) are feasible to use as a keychain. i'm not sure if they are more bag charms or they can actually be used to put your keys on. i like them because they are easy to open/close, but i wasn't sure if the leather "token" would last if it was thrown around with keys and etc. if anyone could help me out with this based on their own experience, that would be great.

thanks!

I'm actually curious about this as well. I would love to see a pic of someone using it as a keyring. I have looked at reference threads but did not see any, sorry if I am overlooking that.

I have a few keys whose eyelets are too small to get the ball of the keychain through. I'd suggest having the key with the narrowest opening with you when you look at the keychain. Every key but my mailbox key and a padlock key fit.

This is mine. This is about 6 months old and gets thrown around a lot but it barely looks a week old. The keys are on a ring as normal with the silver chain from the lion attached to the ring not the individual keys. It works great & I love it.

Attachments

• Photo 55.jpg
    Photo 55.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 219
I had that happen with one of my keys, and I got a small split-ring to put it on and THEN I added it to the rest on the chain.

As to the original question, yes, they hold up very well. I carried a prune or an orange for ages, and they look new.

I have a few keys whose eyelets are too small to get the ball of the keychain through. I'd suggest having the key with the narrowest opening with you when you look at the keychain. Every key but my mailbox key and a padlock key fit.

attachment.php

This is good to know, your keychain is so cute

This is mine. This is about 6 months old and gets thrown around a lot but it barely looks a week old. The keys are on a ring as normal with the silver chain from the lion attached to the ring not the individual keys. It works great & I love it.

that's good to know, thanks for sharing. we're keyring twins :O)

I have the clover and I keep it on my bag...it was a gift off a lovely friend,so I don't want to risk spoiling it.
Not sure how I would feel using it as a key chain if I'd bought it for myself? Nice to read the other posts that they are durable though.

i used it as a keyring on my keys for a just a short while while but ended up tying a twilly around my keys (2 car keys, sidegate and door keys) instead. since i am always feeling around my bags for stuff, it's easier to get hold of my keys with the twilly. and the car keys are much bigger than my lion.