Leather Jackets- IRO?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hey guys!
    Who do you think makes the best leather jacket and how much do you think is ok to pay? I'm looking at the IRO ashvilles at the moment- they look so soft and easy to move in, plus a great cropped fit so you don't look bulky. But they're so expensive :crybaby:
    I've seen the skin coloured one on sale for $958 (AUD)... do you think that's too much? I've been keeping an eye out on ebay and the real real, vesitaire, and they are rarely listed. Should I get this IRO one, or can I do better/cheaper?

*PS- I also have the BLK DNM Leather Jacket 1 as a black, biker looking jacket which is awesome and I got it cheap off ebay, but it's kind of oversized.

2. saint laurent or balenciaga do the best leather jackets imo. iro look nice, i've never seen one irl.

WingNut and mal like this.
  3. Hi! Anyone has experience with IRO Ashville?

4. i purchased it in ivory colour and returned immediately. I do have a Balenciaga (for winter) one and Rick Owens (for summer), IRO was very poor quality, sorry.

Antigone likes this.
  5. Hi,

Yeah, I did the same lol. I was very surprised at the poor quality. It's similar to my Muuba which costs a loooot less :/

bellebellebelle19 likes this.
  6. For quality, you can forget IRO. I have a balanciaga and a Rick Owen. I always want to add an Acne but never do as I live in subtropical.

Antigone likes this.
  7. If you don't want to go ultra premium, then I recommend Rag & Bone, esp on sale from their site directly or retail outlets like nmlc or off5th. They make diff styles every year. I own one in lamb, and another in calf. They are well made and last forever.

Antigone and bellebellebelle19 like this.
  8. Saint Laurent or Balenciaga, 100%. You get what you pay for. My first one is 10 years old and still the most stylish thing I own.

Antigone likes this.