Leather is THE Trend for F/W 2009

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
I had a feeling that this was slowly ramping up, considering the past couple of seasons...

Just checked out a few emails from shopbop and neimans and both were showcasing leather pants (and some skirts), not to mention the ubiquitous leather jacket and those glamours over the knee leather boots.

I personally love how the designers have changed up the leather look from a decade ago. It's much more sexy and rock and roll. I know that leather jackets have always been popular, with the numerous Mike & Chris, Rick Ownes, etc. threads. So who's in on this trend and who's not really feeling it? How do you wear your leather (fill in the blank) to bring it up to date? Or do you plan on getting that special something that caught your eye?

IMO leather has always been really timeless. Think of the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, etc... they all wore leather jackets esp with floral :heart: , that is my all-time favorate thing to do with leather, is pairing it with a nice floral top :smile:.

I agree that leather is timeless...I'm also seeing, along with the leather trend, the return (or has it ever left?) of fur. The fur vest (faux or real), seems to be the more popular incarnation of this trend. Not to mention paired with leather leggings and some chain necklaces or body chains. The whole look is very rock and roll. I may not be able to carry this look off, but it certainly looks scrumptious.

I love a soft buttery leather skirt but I've had no luck cleaning leather cloting if they get spilled on...thrown out *quite* a few expensive leather skirts in my time, so I'm gonna pass...leather coats or jackets only for me....no skirts or pants!

I agree that leather is timeless...I'm also seeing, along with the leather trend, the return (or has it ever left?) of fur. The fur vest (faux or real), seems to be the more popular incarnation of this trend. Not to mention paired with leather leggings and some chain necklaces or body chains. The whole look is very rock and roll. I may not be able to carry this look off, but it certainly looks scrumptious.

Hmmm. I think the really far-out city people have wore fur vests all along. If I was to be all far-out (I would if I could, town reasons) I would deff wear fur vests. I have this ambition to move to the city and wear whatever I want and not be judged.

I'm not feeling it yet over the leather pants. Put it on once during a night out and stopped wearing after that because it's so uncomfortable. Now, I'd love to have a leather skirt.:tender: Hope it'll be comfortable.

I have been wearing my favorite pair of leather pants for a few years! Let me see if I can find the pic. They are skinny, with a fringe....and look so amazing on!

Attachments

• favorites 016.jpg
    favorites 016.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 79
  • favorites 017.jpg
    favorites 017.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 72
pink.couture I'm lucky that in NYC, you can wear, or be, whatever and whoever you want...maybe you should entertain a move?

PrincessCayenne We'd love to see how a tpfer wears her leather pants! do share modeling pics so we can all live thru you.

:nuts: annemerrick, those are some awesome leather pants. you really are our resident rocker chick. they must be very attention getting when you're out in them.