Leather in chain strap is unraveling!?!

ittybitty

O.G.
Feb 20, 2010
What should I do? I purchased in November 2016 from my local NM and have been using it on a pretty consistent basis since then, but this shouldn't happen right? (Much less after 2+ months of use).

I don't baby my bags, but don't abuse them either.

Should I contact my NM SA first? Or should I just bring it to a repair place to see if they can fix it?

The unraveling strap:
IMG_1486832013.253587.jpg

The bag:
IMG_1486832049.067780.jpg

The other strap to show how it's supposed to look:
IMG_1486832069.376944.jpg

I'm quite extreme on my approach b/c if this happened to me, I would bring back to NM to see if they would honor the "defect" and replace the strap for me. I would think it's still under warranty for the first year. However, if they wont do it for whatever reason, I would go to a boutique and pay for a new strap to be shipped to me from Chanel. I figure the cost of fix would be what maybe under 100 or slightly over or something? I would prefer to pay a bit more to have a new strap and not worry about it happening.

No it should not be happening after 2 months. that's to me a clear defect that it wasn't made well to begin with. hopefully they would take care of it for you. good luck!

Thank you vanana! Always appreciate your advice

I've reached out to my SA and she is sending Fedex to pick up for me. She said to return the bag to her and she will ship to Chanel to get it fixed. I hope that means the chain will be replaced but I will make sure.

So crossing fingers hoping for the best it will be fixed quickly. But now I'm weary of purchasing future bags from Chanel. For the money this simply shouldn't be happening.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
Hi, I had same problem with my newly purchased late January. Both sizes of the chains popped out. I immediately contacted my SA and they refunded my money right away 20170129_203606.jpg20170129_203620.jpg

Are these the same style bags that are having this problem? They look similar
Yes, mine is also boy phone WOC. So I sent it back, My SA & store manager said they would get me a new one. I was ok with that. But after few days, I changed my mind , I called to cancel the replacement. I get a blk one and I think I stick with it for a little longer to see if it happens again on my blk. I dont have the confidence to get another one anytime soon.

The chain on my classic WOC unraveled in the same manner. I purchased it at NM but took it to a Chanel boutique and they fixed it free of charge. I haven't had problems with it since it was fixed.

The chain on my classic WOC unraveled in the same manner. I purchased it at NM but took it to a Chanel boutique and they fixed it free of charge. I haven't had problems with it since it was fixed.
Oh sheesh I guess I need to look out for this too on my phone holder. My issue is that after three weeks of light usage I'm seeing the blue wear off the leather or peel off and I'm really not banging it into things so not sure what is going on with it. I contacted Leather Surgeons and my sales person at NM today to see what my options are but seeing this thread too really makes me question the quality of these phone holders.

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_062240.jpg
    IMG_20170217_062240.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 266
Oh sheesh I guess I need to look out for this too on my phone holder. My issue is that after three weeks of light usage I'm seeing the blue wear off the leather or peel off and I'm really not banging it into things so not sure what is going on with it. I contacted Leather Surgeons and my sales person at NM today to see what my options are but seeing this thread too really makes me question the quality of these phone holders.

That is totally unacceptable quality! I hope they refund you.