leather flats dyeing question!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I posted this on the miu miu forum, but would like to hear the opinion of shoe lovers as well, since this involves a pair of shoes :smile: So I bought a pair of used miu miu bow flats on eBay. They look like this, but in a pink "blush" color..
    [​IMG]
    My question is, since they're used, and light colored, they're a bit dirty and smudged. Can I clean the leather, or take it to a leather cleaner? Can I ask for them to dye the leather? I kind of want it dyed...pink bow on black. Kind of like a pink bow in my hair that I like to wear :smile: Would that be kind of hard? Or ridiculous? Or look fake? Destroy the leather?

And how much would that cost?

Thank you!!!!! :yahoo:

2. i would try cleaning them first definitely. what i used to clean my light colored wallet that was (EXTREMELY) dirty (since i didn't have actual leather cleaner)

i took a toothbrush and soft wash cloth and used a combo of lotion (weird i know) and a bit of mild soap with warm water. i kept scrubbing and wiping w/ the cloth and eventually it got a lot cleaner.

if you wanted to dye it, i don't think there would be a problem but would want to try cleaning it myself first. good luck!!