Leather Dress

Which dress

• Mendel

• Burberry

• Woo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 29, 2005
I am already on the hunt for a, high end, leather dress for the fall. Early I know but I want it to be right. Anyway, I have seen this from Mendel and I appreciate your opinions.

My criteria is that I want it a) black, b) top quality leather and c) 'about' knee length and d) more 'dressy' than casual.

Can you advise me which you like the most out of these?

Mendel

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...html%3FN%3D0%26Ntt%3Dfur%26_requestid%3D26675

Burberry Dress

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/c...%26Ntt%3Dleather%2Bdress%26_requestid%3D27013

Jason Woo

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod130090081&eItemId=prod130090081&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=&icid=&rte=%252Fsearch.jhtml%253FN%253D0%2526Ntt%253Dleather%252Bdress%2526_requestid%253D26891

I vote for Jason Woo. Such a cute leather dress!! but you can't go wrong with Mendel either... I'd say Woo's is cute and Mendel's is elegant. It all comes down to personal preference... The Burberry dress is just plain..plain...plain...

The Mendel dress is definitely dressier. It also has more versatility because the sleeveless look accomodates a dressy look by itself but also allows for a wrap if you wanted to add color. The lack of sleeves will also allow the dress to fit better for a longer time, IMO, because sleeves and full shoulders will stretch over time. The plain styling and self-tie on the Burberry makes it very casual, and the Jason Wu just doesn't stand out as anything special to me.

For myself, I love the Jason Wu--it's very girly for leather. However, I think the Mendel fits your criteria better--I do think it's more elegant and still has lots of style. Burberry's to me is just an LBD but leather, and seems less special and more casual, as noted above.

i like both mendel and jason wu.
mendel is more classic i think. but i suspect jason wu's might be more flattering for small chested.
btw, why medel's dress says faux?? i don't think it's faux leather...since it's 3K dress...

I love the Jason Wu dress if you have a smaller chest and/or are more petite framed. But I agree with others that the Mendel dress is the most versatile and will probably get you the most wear. The Burberry dress - pardon me - strangely reminds me of a Flintstone's tunic :P (a high end one, of course - lol).

i like both mendel and jason wu.
mendel is more classic i think. but i suspect jason wu's might be more flattering for small chested.
btw, why medel's dress says faux?? i don't think it's faux leather...since it's 3K dress...

It says "Leather Faux-Wrap Dress", so the leather is not faux; the wrap style is. It only looks like a wrap dress, but it actually has a zip closure.

Hands down J. Mendel. It is the sexiest, the dressiest and the most versatile since it is sleeveless. Wear it sleeveless to an evening event or wear long sleeves under it or over it for daytime.