Leather Differences

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi. I was wondering if anybody would be able to explain the difference between the Darwin Leather and the Natural Vegetable Tan Leather.

Thanks so much!

2. I am afraid I am not, but I strongly feel there is a difference....even if Mulberry says it's the same, maybe these pics can help? I feel that Darwin has more life, richer colour, if that makes sense to you?
    Let's see if you can pick the Darwin from these pics;
    there are two of each...not an easy task, but I found a Darwin gem amongst NVT bags the other day, and it was no problem to pick him from the other 6 bags on the shelf.

Attached Files:

3. Yes, I definitely understand what you are saying, Kris. It is hard but I can see the difference in the grains. Now, not ever having seen a Darwin bag, it is probably a little harder for me to tell. But, I am thinking that the first picture is a Darwin. Am I wrong? It looks to have a nice color. But, sometimes it is hard to tell on line....

4. OOh, I think this is quite to tell from the pics - are 1 & 3 (as you read across top line) the Darwin one's Kris?

5. Yes, you are right - 1 and 3 are Darwin.

You deserve a bronze star, tegan and Lady F :smile:

6. Wow, interesting! Thanks for the pics! Is there a difference in weight?

7. They have such a nicer look, a deeper, richer appearance and that is on line in a picture...I can't imagine in person :smile:

8. Is there a difference between chalk & cheese?......:yes:

9. Wow, I wasn't really sure you could tell that much, but I got it right!!

Is the prize your gorgeous Ant? Oh, go on.....you know I deserve it!

10. I always gravitate to darwin if I see it - it feels thicker and tougher and seems to have a deeper grain than NVT...

11. BagLuver - I haven't compared, but I would think Darwin is a tiny bit heavier - feels thicker.

Slow, lol!

tegan - yes, even better IRL!

Lady F - you probably do, but I feel that he needs to settle down and feel secure now, after having waited so long for a home :nuts:

lovemymulberry - ITA!

12. Wow, that was interesting; thanks Kris! I can see what you mean looking at the pics.