leather cracking/flaking on my hailey!

Mar 27, 2009
So I just got my lime hailey bag a week ago, and I noticed that the leather was cracking/flaking in a couple of spots. It is pretty small, but they look like they would snag easily and get worse. I am going to go to the local coach boutique to see if I can get another hailey before it gets worse. Anyone have an issue like this with their leather haileys?

The leather they use for the hailey is prone to scratches. I left a mahogany hailey behind at the outlet for this very reason, too many scratches. You should bring the bag back to the store and have them assess it.

I had a Madison Carryall that I carried for maybe 4 days? It started to crack/peel, so she went back. I haven't started carrying my lime Hailey yet, but now I'm nervous!

Jeninnd check your hailey! The jade is patent, so that's a different leather from the lime. I will let you know how it works out. I am on vacation, so I don't have my receipt on me so we'll see what happens. I might have to wait until I get home to ca to have something done. We'll see how good the sa's are at this boutique in jersey.

I'm going to check her tomorrow. My DH said I can't officially carry her until my birthday, which is tomorrow. I'll take her out, and carry her for the next month. If she does the same thing as the Carryall, I'll return her to the boutique when I go next month.

GRRRR!!!! I LOVE the lime Hailey, and will be really upset if she doesn't hold up.

I have a walnut Hailey and a bone Hailey, I've carried both quite a bit and no problems at all. The walnut has a couple of small scratches but barely noticeable, she looks great. The bone is more of a pebbled, less shiny leather, and I think will hold up even better.

Definitely take your Hailey back, hopefully it's just a fluke with that bag.

Jeninnd check your hailey! The jade is patent, so that's a different leather from the lime. I will let you know how it works out. I am on vacation, so I don't have my receipt on me so we'll see what happens. I might have to wait until I get home to ca to have something done. We'll see how good the sa's are at this boutique in jersey.

I took my Audrey in to the FP yesterday because the color was wearing off and leaving white patches..and I only carried it lightly...anyways I didn't have my receipt with me and that was just fine they looked it up on the computer. I traded mine out for the Kristin Satchel...Good Luck

I carried my lime Hailey for the first time today, and oh my gosh - I LOVE THIS BAG! There are no cracks, flakes or peels on her, but the leather DEFINITELY looks different from my other Madison leather pieces. It almost looks like dry skin or chapped lips. I Appled her the day I got her, and might do it again. There are also several scratches already on the front, which is weird, because I've carried other bags for WAY longer than one day, and none of them have any scratches.

Very odd. But will only give her up if she cracks to pieces, because I love her SO MUCH.

I saw a black leather Hailey at my outlet and remembered why I passed on this bag. Madison leather scratches very easily. It's lightweight Italian leather. The Madison line is so popular, but the leather really has to be babied.