Leather covered lock on light coloured bags

Jan 20, 2009
I am considering a poussiere clemence bolide from a reputable reseller and have a question.

I know that white coloured bags always come with a covered lock as do exotics. However, I didn't realise that other non exotic lighter bags also come with covered locks too. Would this be a special order or standard issue? Also, if say Hermes put a coloured lock on a poussiere bolide would they put this across the range of poussiere coloured non exotic bags? So, would you expect to see on a pico, bolide etc?

Jan 20, 2009
View attachment 2706626 View attachment 2706627

Believe it's standard as both my birkin and Kelly in beige box calf come with covered locks.
Fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear. After receiving a used pair of trainers, three old holdalls and some Italian children's comics instead of 2 Birkins I am quite nervous about buying online and just wanted to be 100% sure. Thank goodness for paypal is all I can say:smile:

jyyanks

Sep 15, 2013
I am considering a poussiere clemence bolide from a reputable reseller and have a question.

I know that white coloured bags always come with a covered lock as do exotics. However, I didn't realise that other non exotic lighter bags also come with covered locks too. Would this be a special order or standard issue? Also, if say Hermes put a coloured lock on a poussiere bolide would they put this across the range of poussiere coloured non exotic bags? So, would you expect to see on a pico, bolide etc?
Ann's had an etoupe birkin (non exotic) with gold hardware a couple of months ago that had a leather colored lock that looked exactly like the one pictured above so I have seen this before in non-exotics.

Heavenplay

Nov 14, 2011
Fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear. After receiving a used pair of trainers, three old holdalls and some Italian children's comics instead of 2 Birkins I am quite nervous about buying online and just wanted to be 100% sure. Thank goodness for paypal is all I can say:smile:
totally understood, my friend.