Leather conditioner or cleaner?

TooManyWantMore

LV Content
Dec 11, 2012
I've decided that I'm going to treat my black cherry duffle and wallet before I use them. For those of you that treated your leather bags, which product worked best? Are they all about the same? Anything to stay away from? I have never treated a bag before, sorry if any of these are dumb questions.

You need a conditioner, not a cleaner. Something that moisturizes the leather and protects them. Stay away from any product that has silicone, like Coach products, because it damages leather over time.

Thanks so much, good to know! I don't want anything that might damage it. Is there a particular brand that I should get?

Leather CPR is a good choice and so is Apple. I like leather cpr because it doesn't have any odor and it is cheaper and easier to find. You can usually find it at Tuesday Morning (cheapest) or Bed, Bath, and Beyond stores.

When I just want to give a bag a light maintenance treatment I use Lexol Conditioner (in the brown container.) You can often find it at shoe repair stores. It has an odor but it fades fairly quickly.

Leather CPR is a good choice and so is Apple. I like leather cpr because it doesn't have any odor and it is cheaper and easier to find. You can usually find it at Tuesday Morning (cheapest) or Bed, Bath, and Beyond stores.

When I just want to give a bag a light maintenance treatment I use Lexol Conditioner (in the brown container.) You can often find it at shoe repair stores. It has an odor but it fades fairly quickly.

Awesome! Thanks for all this info, I will have to look these up.