Leather CARLY questions, please! (New to Coach)

My advice...just go check some bags out in the store. So many times I see a bag and I love the look of it, but it just doesn't work for me for whatever reason. I just bought an Ergo Tote last week and at first I wasn't sure I liked it, but after carrying it for a few days I fell in love. So you just never know, sometimes you have to try them on to see what you like the most. Let us know what you decide on, and good luck with your surgery.

Yup, you're right. That's why I never have much luck buying a bag online that I have not tired on IRL.

Thanks for all the great advice, everyone! (I may try to sneak to the mall after work today if I have time!)

Welcome to the tPF Coach family, cooper1! We're glad to have you! There are all sorts of tempting bags out right now, I agree.

Good luck sneaking over to the mall - I hope you love your Carly in person as much as online! Keep us posted... :graucho:

(Best wishes for your surgery and a speedy recovery, BTW. We're thinking of you!)

Hi again!
I went to Coach today and I hate to say it, I cannot hang with the leather CARLY bag. It is a GORGEOUS bag IRL, but that darn strap slipped off my shoulder at least a dozen times during the 5 minutes I walked around the store wearing it. It also seems much smaller than I thought it would be, yet the big one is HUGE! I wish there was a size in between. I could not believe that was the bag that online says it is 15 inches across (it looked small, more like 12). Anyway, the SA says that many people have had that problem with the strap, but once you put alot of stuff in it, it weighs it down and it stays better. Still, it was not the "perfect" bag for me. I did not find it heavy at all, on the other hand.
I did find the Bleeker flap bag in wine, green, and black that I really loved. But, gosh, how do you pick a color? they are all gorgeous "neutral" colors!
I left with nothing, but am now thinking about which color flap bag I want. I had so much fun in there. I am planning on going back this weekend once I make my decision on the color....
You ladies are right about the Ergo; it is very comfortable. I just don't think the style is right for me.
Thanks for all of your support and help; I'll let you know what I end up buying.
Have a super nite!!!

Yay I am glad you had fun at Coach today! I'm sorry the Carly did not work out for you (I think the SA was right about the weight helping the strap slippage for some, but we all carry our bags a little differently.)

Isn't the Bleecker flap gorgeous IRL? I love the leather on that bag - I would grab that bag in green or wine in a heartbeat if it were not a tad too small for me.

Good luck deciding on a color - I loooove the green on that bag :love: (I have found it is hard to find just the right green), but the wine is gorgeous as well, and depending on your wardrobe maybe a little more of a neutral. I know, I am no help :rolleyes: - anything you choose will be lovely.