Leather care?

anez

B-& until the sales!
O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
Okay, ladies, looking for some advice. I checked the ref lib and the main board, but I couldn't find a thread specific to this topic, which I find a bit odd because it's kind of important!

So, my question is this: how do you best care for your leathers? I've recently bought a Birkin in Togo, and I'm wondering if there's anything I should be using to ensure the leather will age well? I've seen people post before about cleaning using baby wipes (which I tried to great effect on my white Dior), but I've also seen mentions of "conditioners"-- what kinds? Where do I get them? Are there different types for different leathers?

Any information gratefully appreciated.

docride

Vache Vixen
O.G.
Jun 28, 2007
Hello, I have posted several threads on treatments for Vache natural (saddle leather) bags...Togo should not reuire treatments except for regular H spa for corner wear etc..in a few years :o) Congrads on your new bag !!!

mooks

May 4, 2007
When I bought my big sister to your bag from Bond Street I was specifically told not to use anything on it. If and when your bag needs some TLC take it back to H for a spa treatment

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
Jan 3, 2008
I've seen Claude at Madison Avenue use Meltonian neutral cream polish for minor touch ups/stains/scuffs that do not require a full spa visit. I find on my black bags that I get the occasional white scuff (wall paint?). I want to try it.

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
I think it is preferable to do as little as possible to these leathers. Togo in particular is very hardy and should not need much in the way of products. If you need a rare touch-up, yes, Meltonian is well-regarded.