Leather Care for Pochette Metis Empriente

punam4u

May 21, 2014
Hi all,

Just purchased my first LV, a pochette metis is epi noir. For those who own this or other epi bags what do you use to treat the leather and how often do you do it. Any other leather care advise that you can share are welcome too.
Thanks

Empreinte is now quite heavily coated, hence the stiff, rubbery feel compared to a soft Taurillon. So just like with Épi and other heavily treated leathers, no further treatment is needed.
But Vuitton doesn't officially recommend any treatment on any of the other materials. Except for Nomade, for which they offer a Care Kit.

Thanks for the comments. The bag is brand new but I was actually thinking on how to keep the leather in good condition in subsequent years..hence the question. But if nothing is needed then that's great.

I watched a couple of You Tube videos on the wear. It seems to be wearing well, without any issues, without doing anything to it. Since I purchased the Turtledove and it's light, I'm just going to leave it as it and enjoy it. Enjoy your bag!

I also have it in noir. Personally, I don't plan to do anything to it unless it gets to a point where the leather looks like it may need some conditioner or something. Congrats on your bag! It's my absolute favorite, it's currently being repaired so I ended up purchasing the reverse to hold me over until I get it back!