Leather and dye quality on colored Mini Macs?

Manelieht

Apr 1, 2014
I just want to get your attention in case you own a (recent model) Mini Mac in a light color like Mint, beige or some rose color...:smile:
(Edit: I actually looked at recent colors online and light mint, tortora, peachy and biscuit are nice)

I recently posted about my issues with a neon pink mini mac. The color is chipping and wearing off in many places.

The replacement looks worse even.

Iam now thinking about another color and was wondering if you experience any of these issues?

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/color-coming-off-of-new-bag-864594-5.html

TIA!

Last edited:
I personally have not had issues on any of my Mini Macs. I highly suggest you going with one of the new spring colors like Biscuit, Tortora, Light Turquoise, etc. They have buttery leather and are quite beautiful!

I have a mini MAC in soft grey and have had no problems with the color (other than dirtying it up, but that's user error!). It's an older one though - blue/black polka dot interior, the strap loops are on the top, not the sides, and the tassels are dyed through.

Maybe for RM to get that vibrant shade of neon pink, they have to paint it on instead of dyeing. That could be what's causing problems with the neon bags. I'm wondering if RM manufacturers switched to paint instead of dye, especially from the way that this year's tassels are a different color on the bottom - would indicate paint instead of dye. Unacceptable for this price point, in any case, and hurtful toward the quality brand name that RM had built.

I am new to this forum. This is my first post actually. :wave: I just got a regular sized MAC in taupe (current season bought from online sample sale) and the dye quality is great and the leather is buttery soft. I also have a MAM in Bittersweet, a Swing in Red Glazed, and a Swing in ostrich nude, and a minty mini MAC and none show these issues. The only dye issue I have is that denim rubbed on my nude ostrich Swing my first wear, which was easily fixable.

I have a mini MAC in soft grey and have had no problems with the color (other than dirtying it up, but that's user error!). It's an older one though - blue/black polka dot interior, the strap loops are on the top, not the sides, and the tassels are dyed through.

Maybe for RM to get that vibrant shade of neon pink, they have to paint it on instead of dyeing. That could be what's causing problems with the neon bags. I'm wondering if RM manufacturers switched to paint instead of dye, especially from the way that this year's tassels are a different color on the bottom - would indicate paint instead of dye. Unacceptable for this price point, in any case, and hurtful toward the quality brand name that RM had built.

Yes, the might have really used paint. At leas it does look like that! :sad: I'm really sad because I got the bag for the neon pink. I wasn't planning on getting a Mini Mac and I don't like it as much in other shades.
But the quality issues really seem to be worst with neon bags!

Does anyone have the color peachy? Wpuld love to see it irl :smile:

I had it for a minute before I exchanged for the Tortora. Don't even go there with the Peachy Mini Mac lol. That color has issues with peeling.

As far as what it looks like, it's definitely a pinkish orange color and not a true light peach. It's a deeper toned peach, if that makes sense and pulls a lot of orange.

I just want to get your attention in case you own a (recent model) Mini Mac in a light color like Mint, beige or some rose color...:smile:
(Edit: I actually looked at recent colors online and light mint, tortora, peachy and biscuit are nice)

I recently posted about my issues with a neon pink mini mac. The color is chipping and wearing off in many places.

The replacement looks worse even.

Iam now thinking about another color and was wondering if you experience any of these issues?

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/color-coming-off-of-new-bag-864594-5.html

TIA!
I think the mint you are referring to of this year is called "minty". Last year's color was called "mint". It also used a different leather that was pebbled. I have the mint of last year and there have been no problems on mine. I don't know about this year's minty. :sad:

But the light turquoise and the newly released colors are using pebbled leather again. You should consider it :smile:

I had it for a minute before I exchanged for the Tortora. Don't even go there with the Peachy Mini Mac lol. That color has issues with peeling.

As far as what it looks like, it's definitely a pinkish orange color and not a true light peach. It's a deeper toned peach, if that makes sense and pulls a lot of orange.

Oh, doesn't sound good :sad: Too bad. I wonder why some colors have these issues.

I think the mint you are referring to of this year is called "minty". Last year's color was called "mint". It also used a different leather that was pebbled. I have the mint of last year and there have been no problems on mine. I don't know about this year's minty. :sad:

But the light turquoise and the newly released colors are using pebbled leather again. You should consider it :smile:

Yes I meant the light turquoise actually :smile: That and the peach were among my favorites right now.

honestly and luckily i don't have issues like chipping and peeling on my new RM bags. they look fine and in good shape. i recently got a MAC and a mini 5-Zip in Neon Orange and i find the neon color on the surface looks like to fade very easily just by rubbing with your thumb and wiping with a soft wet tissue. the quality is definitely not up to the standard i was expecting. after applying waterproof product on them, the problem 'seems' improved but it takes time to see.

i don't own any bag of another brand in the neon color so i cannot compare and conclude this problem applies to all bags in neon color. but i suppose lesson learned, i'll never get a neon color next if i want trouble free :yes: