Leah

BEBEPURSE

Sad and Angry
Dec 7, 2009
Found a white patent Leah (13178) at the outlet today. Only one in the store.

What's the history on this one???
Do they have any yellowing issues?
Any other issues?

Lucky you....I want the gray one really bad, been looking for monthes on the bay! :smile:
I wanna say I have heard the turnlock on the front falls off sometimes, can be fixed though, and white patent does yellow eventually they say....my Leah totes have all been fine, one is op art and one is the MFF one!

Whoops forgot to add the zippers sometimes give trouble, I had to return one from the bay as the zipper was awful and it was brand new, the second one I got is much better but the zipper is not perfect in my opinion!

I think its true white...and I think they were released last spring, I am not 100% sure about that though! :smile: If you look at the number on the creed inside the bag I think it will say 09 in the first set of numbers meaning it was made in that year.

I think its true white...and I think they were released last spring, I am not 100% sure about that though! :smile: If you look at the number on the creed inside the bag I think it will say 09 in the first set of numbers meaning it was made in that year.

Thanks I forgot about the numbering.

The one I just got from an outlet is definitely an off white /bone sooo I wonder if that is on account of the white patent "yellowing". The coloring is definitely not a snow white and the coloring is even.
If the purse is over a year old I wonder if that is enough time that if it was going to yellow it would have done it already making the white more of an off white now.
I love the color as is and should probably not worry about what ifs. :smile:

It might have been a Japan exclusive color, I've seen a few of the Leah's make it through my local outlet from time to time that were only available on their site.

Found a white patent Leah (13178) at the outlet today. Only one in the store.

What's the history on this one???
Do they have any yellowing issues?
Any other issues?

I just checked my white patent Leah. Its the really big one. The style # is 13179 though. I bought it last May at the outlet. My mom bought one too. They went very fast! They were all gone before we even left the store. I couldn't find much info on it but then I checked it out on the Coach Japan website and they carried many colors and matching accessories for the Leah so I have suspected that maybe it was a Japan exclusive. They had many colors on the Japan website this fall including a brown and a berry color. I can't remember what the third color was though. When I saw the new colors of patent Leah at the outlet like the navy, I thought maybe the Japan exclusives had come in. But I checked the tag and it was MFF. I'm still happy though because I'd love to get another one that was smaller. Oh and they have spring colors on the Japan website now too.

Anyway... I haven't used the bag much although I did use it last summer. I have stored her away. I just took her out and she is not yellowing. I did not hear about the yellowing issue with white patent until after I bought it though.

As far as the lone bag. I'm not sure whether it is old or new. They have recently brought back many MFF Leah patent bags so maybe you can check and see if it is MFF. I'm happy about the MFF Leah bags as I'm hoping they bring back the matching wristlets. Last summer I bought many of the Leah patent wristlets but missed out on the white one to match my bag. I would love to get it. So fingers crossed!

If this is right my Leah bag says 08!

Thanks bunnym..., Possibly! :smile:

They have recently brought back many MFF Leah patent bags so maybe you can check and see if it is MFF.

It is not a MFF bag. It is an op art 13178 with the crossbody strap. It was also the only one in the store in the 50% off section.

They had a bunch of the MFF Leah totes in another section of the store.

Yah I wonder if its a Japan one too.....I got the year 09 from some of the creeds of 13178 that are on eBay now that are not MFF. I love that chocolate brown one too, I run a search every day for the gray one.....so far no luck!!

Yah I wonder if its a Japan one too.....I got the year 09 from some of the creeds of 13178 that are on eBay now that are not MFF. I love that chocolate brown one too, I run a search every day for the gray one.....so far no luck!!

Didn't they put the chocolate one back up on the Japan site?? I know they put one of the fall colors back but I don't know why. It doesn't make sense because they put up new spring colors. I love the pale green color too.

BTW MySweetgirlrose - I almost bought that black one you have. It is so nice but I really liked all the colors and couldn't decide.

Last edited:
Thanks bunnym..., Possibly! :smile:

It is not a MFF bag. It is an op art 13178 with the crossbody strap. It was also the only one in the store in the 50% off section.

They had a bunch of the MFF Leah totes in another section of the store.
It wasn't a Japanese exclusive either. It was just a limited edition. Once we sold out of the white and the light pink (I think it might have been rose?) we never got them back in.
I'm pretty sure the white was released about a year ago. It was last spring. Hope that helps!