leagal rip-offs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fake bags are COUNTERFEIT, that equals ILLEGAL.
She didn't say janitors are stupid, I interpreted her comment as people making ILLEGAL products as being stupid for not getting real jobs. People usually have to make their OWN opportunities. Tests don't just get magic A's on them, no one poops gold as far as I know . . . .
A big percentage of "wealthy" people come from NOTHING.

I think some people need to take a little break here. Maybe start your own thread as this one has been veered WAY off topic.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
3) Also, I'm not saying they were right in their choice because I don't believe so. And I am sure if a mother or father were not able to put provide food for their children, in most cases, would take a job as a janitor or any other job you see as degrading. And no, not all people have bad jobs because they are stupid. Instead of ridiculing these people, you should be more grateful for what opportunities you were given in life, while they weren't.

I, on the other hand, agree with sexxiliciousgrl.

I DO NOT believe that there will be more people buying the real deal even if the knock off market ceased. These people would not have the luxury and the money to buy a couple thousand dollars purse.

About welfare, there is no such thing as welfare in China and in other asian countries. The working condition of the knock off factories stated by the US press is deemed "terrible" but by whose standard? By US standard. To the chinese living in China, that standard ain't bad at all, considering those people who have to starve with no food to eat, no heater in the house, etc etc.

Besides, if the working condition is really that terrible to the chinese living in China standard, they would not go there to work in the first place. At least, i have to agree that these knock off factory helps to feed them ( even for a while).

I am just trying to say that there is always two sides of the story.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
3) Also, I'm not saying they were right in their choice because I don't believe so. And I am sure if a mother or father were not able to put provide food for their children, in most cases, would take a job as a janitor or any other job you see as degrading. And no, not all people have bad jobs because they are stupid. Instead of ridiculing these people, you should be more grateful for what opportunities you were given in life, while they weren't.

I've been reading a lot of the forum and while I like handbags, I'm ambivalent about how much I am willing to spend on one. So I can see both sides. I also see that whoever reads and participates in this forum enjoys a certain standard of living, and may hold some biases if they're surrounded by people just like them in real life.

Basically, you're not alone in your opinions!

So much for not making this personal...I made every attempt not to personally attack you for your views.

Actually, I don't believe I am the one who is close-minded at all. I see the good and bad to everything, as opposed to just the bad. And minimum wage jobs have requirements too. Being a taxi cab driver means needing a license, having to pass tests, being able to speak english. I have been very fortunate in my life to have never worked a single day, but I have seen so many people struggling and making an honest effort that I believe sometimes you are driven to do things you don't believe is right, because you are left with no choice. For the last time, I am going to state that I AM NOT SUPPORTING FAKE HANDBAGS. I THINK THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF IT IS WRONG. THERE IS A LOT OF BAD THAT COMES OUT OF IT. But it exists. And instead of taking such a one-sided view of things, I realize it does help many individuals out. This doesn't mean I'm lobbying for more of it, or even the continuation of it. But I'm not going to write it off as wholly bad simply because I don't agree with it.

purselova34 said:
You really need to stop pitting these people. People can do anything they want if they try hard enough. People peddling fakes are not even trying.

Purselova,

Sometimes these people do not have a choice. What i meant by these people are the people living in poor conditions, for example chinese living in rural part of China.... or Koreans living in North Korea.
If you actually see how the North Koreans live, i think working in those knock off factory is not bad by their standard.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
So much for not making this personal...I made every attempt not to personally attack you for your views.

Actually, I don't believe I am the one who is close-minded at all. I see the good and bad to everything, as opposed to just the bad. And minimum wage jobs have requirements too. Being a taxi cab driver means needing a license, having to pass tests, being able to speak english. I have been very fortunate in my life to have never worked a single day, but I have seen so many people struggling and making an honest effort that I believe sometimes you are driven to do things you don't believe is right, because you are left with no choice. For the last time, I am going to state that I AM NOT SUPPORTING FAKE HANDBAGS. I THINK THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF IT IS WRONG. THERE IS A LOT OF BAD THAT COMES OUT OF IT. But it exists. And instead of taking such a one-sided view of things, I realize it does help many individuals out. This doesn't mean I'm lobbying for more of it, or even the continuation of it. But I'm not going to write it off as wholly bad simply because I don't agree with it.

I TOTALLY agree with you. Amen !!

Superbaby said:
Purselova,

Sometimes these people do not have a choice. What i meant by these people are the people living in poor conditions, for example chinese living in rural part of China.... or Koreans living in North Korea.
If you actually see how the North Koreans live, i think working in those knock off factory is not bad by their standard.

It is bad. The government needs to set up a system so they have better jobs and benefits. I think allowing them to do illegal work such as this allows a real solution to put off longer and longer...

purselova34 said:
It is bad. The government needs to set up a system so they have better jobs and benefits. I think allowing them to do illegal work such as this allows a real solution to put off longer and longer...

But in reality, these government are corrupted and in need of money. If the government in these countries are half as good and responsible as ours, they wouldn't be a poor thirdworld countries at all.
Its easy to say that they should set up better systems etc etc. But thats not how it is going to be in reality. :sad:

purselova34 said:
You really need to stop pitting these people. People can do anything they want if they try hard enough. People peddling fakes are not even trying.

Have you ever been to Chinatown in NY? These are just people doing what they can to survive. They are facing language barriers and come from difficult, economic backgrounds. Who is going to help them? It is your attitude that makes this world so difficult for people like them - they're not working hard enough, they're lazy, they're afraid of real work.

I truly hope that one day when you are in need of help that you meet someone with a different attitude than yours.

bagnshoofetish said:
my goodness, I leave you kids alone for a moment and theres another curfuffle.
group hug everyone.

Yes please.. GROUP HUG. :biggrin:

I think Sexillicousgrl is just trying to explain the other side of the coin. I don't think she supported fakes/knock offs. She is just saying her opinion, which she has the right to.

Superbaby said:
But in reality, these government are corrupted and in need of money. If the government in these countries are half as good and responsible as ours, they wouldn't be a poor thirdworld countries at all.
Its easy to say that they should set up better systems etc etc. But thats not how it is going to be in reality. :sad:

Not with a tude like that. :sad: I think if we as a people really tried to help, we could find a solution where they would be going legal work for a good price with benefit. I'm not saying it will happen next week, but I truly believe if we tried and our government, maybe in the next 5-10 years it would be done.

sexxiliciousgrl said:
Have you ever been to Chinatown in NY? These are just people doing what they can to survive. They are facing language barriers and come from difficult, economic backgrounds. Who is going to help them? It is your attitude that makes this world so difficult for people like them - they're not working hard enough, they're lazy, they're afraid of real work.

I truly hope that one day when you are in need of help that you meet someone with a different attitude than yours.

I think if you plan to live in a country you should learn the language. It's not very hard when everyone around you does. I am not hispanic, but know MANY spanish words because I used to know a lot of hispanic people in my old city. I'm starting to pick up arabic because many arabic people attend my college. You're just making excuses because your reasoning was wrong. There are alternatives. I help people who need it, Someone who is mentally or physically challeneged needs it more than someone who could get a real job.

purselova34 said:
Something is fishy here. Didn;t you say you would share your paycheck and you donate money all the time?

Yes I have not worked at a "real" job yet because I am in college. But even with the small amount of money I get during birthdays and merit scholarships, I have made many donations to various charities because it was something instilled in me growing up. I have also volunteered with a large number of organizations because I realize that even though I may not have a large amount of money to donate, I have the gift of time. And, in the future, when I don't have as much time, I am certain I will be contributing to charities and volunteering when possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.