Le Pliage Neo Tote (it has a strap!)

The large is really large as a "tote". Maybe also order the medium too for comparison and return the one you don't want. I think the medium is a big enough difference to the small to get both. Both the small and medium to me are fine for crossbody, but not the large. I think the large is too big for a crossbody look.

If you want something really big the large would be it. As FYI... for my '"large", I use the expandable Le Pliage. That one is huge, but I travel with it and can can put a little or a lot. It's so squishable which I love.

The large I got is the over the shoulder tote so its not a crossbody like the small one I have that is more handheld. I would like a medium over the shoulder Neo tote but I could only find the large in stock. I figure that would be good for day trips/ overnight trips or what not. I attached photo of one I just ordered. I still may get the handheld medium one with the crossbody strap if I can find it in a slightly different color. Maybe a grey if its out there somewhere, not even sure they made it in grey though.

longchamp.jpeg.

Reactions: BigAkoya and Lizzys
The large is really large as a "tote". Maybe also order the medium too for comparison and return the one you don't want. I think the medium is a big enough difference to the small to get both. Both the small and medium to me are fine for crossbody, but not the large. I think the large is too big for a crossbody look.

If you want something really big the large would be it. As FYI... for my '"large", I use the expandable Le Pliage. That one is huge, but I travel with it and can can put a little or a lot. It's so squishable which I love.

I have a question if you dont mind, you seem much more knowledgeable than me as I am new to the brand. Do you think the medium hand held is different enough from the large over the shoulder tote that I should go ahead and order that too?

Reactions: BigAkoya
The large I got is the over the shoulder tote so its not a crossbody like the small one I have that is more handheld. I would like a medium over the shoulder Neo tote but I could only find the large in stock. I figure that would be good for day trips/ overnight trips or what not. I attached photo of one I just ordered. I still may get the handheld medium one with the crossbody strap if I can find it in a slightly different color. Maybe a grey if its out there somewhere, not even sure they made it in grey though.

View attachment 5294274.
Actually, the shoulder tote does not come in a medium, but the small size is significantly larger than the handheld small. It is a great medium sized tote. Just got it in black and really love it. It holds a Macbook pro 13 inch + other essentials and the shoulder straps are long enough to pass the "elbow test". :smile:

I found these reviews really helpful:

Last edited:
Actually, the shoulder tote does not come in a medium, but the small size is significantly larger than the handheld small. It is a great medium sized tote. Just got it in black and really love it. It holds a Macbook pro 13 inch + other essentials and the shoulder straps are long enough to pass the "elbow test". :smile:

I found these reviews really helpful:

Thank you for the videos! I did already order the large but may order a small for comparison, can always send back one.

Reactions: Bizaar
nnnn
I have a question if you dont mind, you seem much more knowledgeable than me as I am new to the brand. Do you think the medium hand held is different enough from the large over the shoulder tote that I should go ahead and order that too?
They both hold a lot, but they feel very different to me when worn. I had a long handle once, and it didn’t work for me. It was large, so I stuffed it and used it for travel. However, the straps were stiff and dug into my shoulders. Plus, carrying a “two strap shoulder bag” for travel is a bit of a pain for me.

The neo works better for me as if I want to carry it on my shoulder, it is a single strap and super comfy. I can also carry it crossbody which I love.
The stiff double straps in the long handle is what bothered me the most, but there are tons of people who stuff a large long handle and carry it on their shoulder.

I would suggest while these Neo bags are still available, order the medium and see how you like it. It is super versatile to me, and I love the shape. Hope that helps.

I just got an update from Bloomies and my new medium Neo is arriving Thursday. Yippee!

Oh, one more thing to share, for those who have the old Neo style, the removable strap is not adjustable. The new Neo style has adjustable straps. I can’t wait to get the new Neo medium. I love my new Neo small. :biggrin:

nnnn

They both hold a lot, but they feel very different to me when worn. I had a long handle once, and it didn’t work for me. It was large, so I stuffed it and used it for travel. However, the straps were stiff and dug into my shoulders. Plus, carrying a “two strap shoulder bag” for travel is a bit of a pain for me.

The neo works better for me as if I want to carry it on my shoulder, it is a single strap and super comfy. I can also carry it crossbody which I love.
The stiff double straps in the long handle is what bothered me the most, but there are tons of people who stuff a large long handle and carry it on their shoulder.

I would suggest while these Neo bags are still available, order the medium and see how you like it. It is super versatile to me, and I love the shape. Hope that helps.

I just got an update from Bloomies and my new medium Neo is arriving Thursday. Yippee!

Oh, one more thing to share, for those who have the old Neo style, the removable strap is not adjustable. The new Neo style has adjustable straps. I can’t wait to get the new Neo medium. I love my new Neo small. :biggrin:

I just placed an order for the Neo with the shorter handle and strap in medium as well.

So I have that one coming and the large neo with the longer shoulder strap. Am I crazy? LOL maybe but I just love this bag so much. Also for anyone else wanting to get the Neo medium it is currently listed as "low stock" on the Bloomingdales website as of this afternoon. Of course there is still NM's and Saks but im sure with the current news of the line being discontinued they are probably selling quick there too if they have them.

• Love
Reactions: BigAkoya
I just placed an order for the Neo with the shorter handle and strap in medium as well.

So I have that one coming and the large neo with the longer shoulder strap. Am I crazy? LOL maybe but I just love this bag so much. Also for anyone else wanting to get the Neo medium it is currently listed as "low stock" on the Bloomingdales website as of this afternoon. Of course there is still NM's and Saks but im sure with the current news of the line being discontinued they are probably selling quick there too if they have them.
You are not crazy. I think you will love it. The medium is so versatile!
I love the Neo so much I purchased the new versions with the two inside back pockets. I am so glad I did.

My new medium Neo is arriving tomorrow. I am so excited. Bloomies has low stock because we're all hoarding them! :nuts: :heart:
Hmm.... what else can Neo can we buy? :biggrin:

By the way, I am sure you have this as it's a classic item, but just in case... I sometimes use this little pouch inside my Neo.
Longchamp Le Pliage Nylon Cosmetics Case | Bloomingdale's (bloomingdales.com)

I am so excited for you! Bag for everybody! :hugs:

You are not crazy. I think you will love it. The medium is so versatile!
I love the Neo so much I purchased the new versions with the two inside back pockets. I am so glad I did.

My new medium Neo is arriving tomorrow. I am so excited. Bloomies has low stock because we're all hoarding them! :nuts: :heart:
Hmm.... what else can Neo can we buy? :biggrin:

By the way, I am sure you have this as it's a classic item, but just in case... I sometimes use this little pouch inside my Neo.
Longchamp Le Pliage Nylon Cosmetics Case | Bloomingdale's (bloomingdales.com)

I am so excited for you! Bag for everybody! :hugs:

Hmm I like that. I do not have it but it might be nice addition. Is it light weight? Also can you fit an iPhone in it?

Hmm I like that. I do not have it but it might be nice addition. Is it light weight? Also can you fit an iPhone in it?
OMG... you must get this! It is super lightweight. It also has a nice handle if you wish to pull it out carry it. It's super roomy and yes, it can fit an iPhone with lots of room to spare. I have two of them, the original larger version, and the current version which is a bit smaller. Both are still super roomy.

When I travel, I also sometimes use it as a carryon for small toiletries I do not want to check in. Many uses for this little guy!

OMG... you must get this! It is super lightweight. It also has a nice handle if you wish to pull it out carry it. It's super roomy and yes, it can fit an iPhone with lots of room to spare. I have two of them, the original larger version, and the current version which is a bit smaller. Both are still super roomy.

When I travel, I also sometimes use it as a carryon for small toiletries I do not want to check in. Many uses for this little guy!

Just ordered one in black. I have so much Longchamp on the way lol.