Le Pliage, gift with purchase??

i recently got a le pliage and my coworker told me it's an old lady's purse. and i was a little bit shocked and defended my bag right away. i said that it's not and it's a classic.

That's my husband's line about the Speedy. Any Speedy.

He's also not a fan of Le Pliage. He says the nylon looks like it's worth MUCH less than the price tag. I'm getting both at some point anyway.

i LOOOOOVE the le pliage! just got the large le pliage with long handles in navy, red and bilberry and i'm loooving them! i think they're classic. great for everyday and travel as well! i love that i can fit everything in it, and don't have to baby it like i do with my other purses! get it pickle!!!:tup:

Last edited:
I too hated le pliage for years even when my mom bought me one years ago. . . now I love them and have several of them. still I think they look kind of gift with purchase but the quality is beyond amazing!!!

but tell you're BF to s.... up! mine also doesn't like all things I wear, but i am what i am and no man should dictate a woman what to wear!

I too hated le pliage for years even when my mom bought me one years ago. . . now I love them and have several of them. still I think they look kind of gift with purchase but the quality is beyond amazing!!!

but tell you're BF to s.... up! mine also doesn't like all things I wear, but i am what i am and no man should dictate a woman what to wear!

High five! I do.. today I wore it and he commented, and I informed him that I threw a cereal box, cream cheese, and a bag of mandarins in it when I went to the store to pick up breakfast food and he couldn't believe it fit all that stuff in there.. HA!

Ignore your BF's griping! What do men know about ladies' bags? Last year in a French cafe I saw a very chic lady with a small black le Pliage. It totally complemented her very pulled-together, 'less is more' look. No way did either she or her bag look cheap!

I have a large blue and a large black Eiffel, and from someone (actually someones- DH is, too!)- who is very picky... I think the Pliage is very chic! I use it most when we're travelling or spending a day in the city. It's very light, comfortable, and stylish. :yes:

I personally don't like it, but that is mostly because it is nylon...
but it still beats PVC, no? :yahoo:

Nylon isn't lux like leather, for sure. But it can be very durable, even more so than leather (like backpacks), don't have to worry about scratches or rain. I think they have their place. :smile:

Here in London the Le pliage bags are popular more than ever, especially on young girls (say 15 - 40 olds), 'old ladies' wear the backpacks or old style Mulberry...

My DH thinks he knows the fashion and hates my mono speedy and whenever I wear it he tells me how ugly the bag is...:rolleyes: so I just tell him I'm not interested in his oppinion and hate his collection of Carhart shorts (I actually quite like him in shorts;)

On the other hand he looooves Longchamp bags, he got me the 70 trolley and the largest Le pliage and he even got himself leather messenger style last spring.
I have 2 of their totes as well, one in billberry and one in the new lilac colour, can't wait to start wearing it in the spring and also got a little coin purse whre I keep my bangles when we go away for the weekend.

I'm actually little bit hooked on Longchamp, always eyeing the stands and thinking of the next purchase. I love their leather bags as well but they are bit pricey, £400-£500

Anyway, DO NOT listen to your boyfriend and enjoy your longchamp, they are a great value for the money so he shouldn't be moaning! :girlsigh:

Thanks ladies! My bag and I are feeling pretty good about ourselves right now.. haha. Mandelinka, he's asked but I haven't told him how much it cost.. I'm wanting a bright color for spring and summer so :P to him. :smile: