Le Pliage Extra Large SH Tote vs Large SH Tote

Dec 17, 2013
Dear all,

I am looking for a travel bag, to use as a carry-on baggage onboard flights or whilst travelling on the go, in addition to tucking it away as a stowaway bag for sudden shopping or to lug books back from the library. At this point, I think I am going to abuse this bag a lot.

With regards to travel purposes, I intend for it to be able to fit the following (for myself and my six year old child):

- jacket
- gloves
- hats
- water bottles
- umbrella
- rain coats
- snacks

Do you think the large will suffice for what I intend to carry? My concern is whether this tote (being SH) will turn out to be too heavy to lug around the airport or even whilst on the go. It will be great to hear from ladies whom has this bag. Instead, would you think the LLH tote (though slightly smaller than the LSH) will do just right for my needs? This will be my first Le Pliage tote bag.

Dimensions for the extra large vs the large as attached.
http://www.bagshop.com/s/4883/Handbags/Totes/Travel+and+Luggage/671194201117/1625089455/Longchamp/Le-Pliage-Extra-Large-Top-Handle-Folding-Tote-Spring-2014-Colors.htm

http://www.bagshop.com/s/4884/Handbags/Satchels/3/671194165334/1624089645/Longchamp/Le-Pliage-Large-Top-Handle-Folding-Tote-New-Spring-2014.htm

Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts.

I think the larger LH will fit your needs, it's a real Tardis bag as all LP are. It can carry te things you mentioned plus more. You can also have one custom made if you feel like you want the largest (huge!) option with LH.
Right now I'm in negotiations with myself because I want to get me the largest custom LP with LH AND the new Neo tote. Can't get both right now, but when considering our future plans (involving all the weird things people do when in love, like having babies etc) Neo might be the one for me since has a shoulder strap as well as SH. Still not giving up the custom LP completely though. I'm a greedy *****, but I accept it and embrace it! :P

Still not giving up the custom LP completely though. I'm a greedy *****, but I accept it and embrace it! :P

For me, I definitely prefer LH, so much more convenient in terms of having my hands free. I do intend to get the LLH as I figure the size is really great for my current lifestyle (my needs + kid). Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me and I'm with you on how life changes as we go on... and our bag needs will change accordingly too.

Oh, I did see the custom LP on Youtube in the largest size and it sure looks ginormous!

Unless you are planning to put the child in there too you will be fine with the large ;) Seriously, I went for the extra large and can travel for at least a week with it, it's huge. Although it is allowed as hand luggage on the plane it is the maximum size they will allow and mine has been taken off me and put in the hold before now. I'm looking at adding a large short handled to my collection as think it will be more versatile. hth

I agree with both responses above, after viewing the dimensions of the Extra large and the large, I think the Large would fit your needs. The Extra Large must be huge per the dimensions listed.

Unless you are planning to put the child in there too you will be fine with the large ;) Seriously, I went for the extra large and can travel for at least a week with it, it's huge. Although it is allowed as hand luggage on the plane it is the maximum size they will allow and mine has been taken off me and put in the hold before now. I'm looking at adding a large short handled to my collection as think it will be more versatile. hth

Hahahahaha I doubt the kid will want to stay inside for long or even worse, I'll be up for trafficking. : p wow, being able to fit one week is really incredible. I can almost imagine how heavy it is. You are right, a large will be more practical in terms of weight too. Thank you for sharing.

I agree with both responses above, after viewing the dimensions of the Extra large and the large, I think the Large would fit your needs. The Extra Large must be huge per the dimensions listed.

I took a measuring tape and practically grasped. I don't think I can manage the weight at all, for the extra large. Thanks for your input dear.