Le Pliage de Nöel - gorgeous or just weird?

Amazona

O.G.
Mar 31, 2013
So I've been feeling the Christmas vibes and went to check the Longchamp site for some seasonal specials. I was faced with this and THIS, of all things. :weird:
I have no idea how an...angry alligator(?) has something to do with Christmas. I'm stumped. I can understand that they want to do something modern and out-of-the-ordinary but somehow I fail to see the appeal.

So, what do you guys and gals think? A gorgeous pair of bags or just a little bit too weird to be called christmassy?

I might be in the minority here, but I actually quite like the two... I agree that the crocodile (?) one especially doesn't seem particularly aligned to a Christmas theme though :P

While I did mention that I quite liked the two... I'm pretty sure I'm not willing to shell out that much for either :smile: If they were cheaper I might consider the first one (transparent), but given the current price point, it's a no for me :biggrin:

I can't quite come to terms with the pricing for the transparent bag but for the "Noel" bag, I do find it rather unique. It could be my eyes playing tricks with me but I saw an expressionless reindeer staring at me when I followed the link. Could be biased too since another favourite color of mine is grey. If the bag had been in red or green (in line with Christmas colors), the texture might not have been that obvious? The price point however is really beyond me.

I can't quite come to terms with the pricing for the transparent bag but for the "Noel" bag, I do find it rather unique. It could be my eyes playing tricks with me but I saw an expressionless reindeer staring at me when I followed the link. Could be biased too since another favourite color of mine is grey. If the bag had been in red or green (in line with Christmas colors), the texture might not have been that obvious? The price point however is really beyond me.

ITA :yes:

I saw that transparent one at South Coast! I was wondering what that was. It's tiny!

And how are these christmas? Maybe for a different season, but Christmas isn't what I thought of when I saw these.

I felt more like the red one was "spring" and the alligator/wolf(new interpretation)/reindeer is more "fall" than Christmas...an odd choice me thinks, LP is so versatile and you can do pretty much anything with it and then they come up with these. And the prices truly are crazy! :weird:

I kind of like the crocodile one. Not that I would buy it. I wonder if it's hard to get in to (I'm assuming the head part is a flap over the zipper?) I wish the website had better pictures.

While it doesn't scream Christmas to me, the croc one does give off a very winter vibe to me. Maybe because it's gray and the texture of it - just makes me think of a wintry landscape. I quite like it - but not $540 like it, if you know what I mean. :smile:

The other two? Don't get the Christmas vibe with those either - especially since the description of the one with pockets talks about "back to school"!

I kinda like the Rive Droite one...looks like it's made of jersey material. Not necessarily best for the elements, but bet it's cozy/comfy to hold!

I love the crocodile! Totally weird & it has nothing to do with Christmas, but I love it. I cannot see the price & cannot find it on the US website. How much is it?