Le Pliage Cuir Large Satchel Durability

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi!
    I recently bought the Cuir large satchel and am on the fence keeping it. The only time I'd really use it is for weekend trips, which is at most, a few times a year.

But in general, I was wondering how the wear and tear on this bag has been? Debating whether to keep it or not since I won't be using it much.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. It would definitely make a very beautiful and stylish weekender, but the leather is very soft and I think it could get easily stained or scuffed if you threw it in the trunk of your car. I think if the cost of the bag is not much of a splurge for you or if nice luggage is very important to you, then it would make a beautiful and luxurious weekender, esp. for a few times a year. But if this was a splurge or you get upset when your bags get damaged, I might look at a nylon weekender instead.

3. #3 Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    ^ I agree. I have two small cuir several years now and there are some corner wear, scratches and scruffs. I don't mind as I know that it's the nature of soft leather. If you prefer leather then look into calfskin/cowhide as it's thicker. Not sure if Longchamp makes a weekender in calfskin/cowhide. Coach has some leather duffles and totes (in the travel line) and I think they are really beautiful. Eyeing them for dh for Father's Day.

4. Thanks! You both are right. I'll be returning it:smile:

5. My Medium Cuir in Fuchsia has held up beautifully. The corners have lost a bit of color, but nothing a good dose of colored leather care product can't take care of.
    Other than that, there's no real wear to mention; the corners haven't frayed, the leather hasn't stretched - there are no scratches or other signs of use. Not even color transition even though I wear jeans all the time.
    I've had the bag for 2 yrs and it's been with me everywhere; day trips, cruises, picnics, even at the top of a fjell! I haven't babied it at all and it's handled everything gracefully.