LE Peony tote owners - do you feel cheated?

newmom

O.G.
Nov 15, 2007
Well I bought my LE small peony tote on ebay a few months after it came out, for a small mark-up which I thought was worth it since it WAS limited edition. I thought if i ever got sick of it, it would have a not-too-bad resale value at least. Got it shipped internationally to me for exorbitant shipping fees by the seller - again I thought, never mind, it's limited edition, so well worth it.

Well, I've hesitated to cut the tags from the tote to use it for many months now, treasuring the LE bag's pristine condition and saving it for some special occasion.

Lo and behold last month (?), Coach comes out with the stripe flowered totes in many beautiful colours and with pretty peonies (?) stitched on in beautiful detail. And they're not even limited edition!

Do any peony tote owners feel:
1) cheated
2)that the value of their bags has somewhat gone down
3) that the new totes are nicer
4) that the LE status of their bags mean nothing now?

I personally like the original peony tote much better than the one that is out now. I've seen it IRL and it is much prettier. Have you seen the ones in stores now? They are pretty but I just don't think they compare to the original. Just my .02~

I've got the LE Medium Tote and in my opinion, the other totes don't compare. Mine is much more pretty! (No offense to those who bought it - just my preference!) I think that the LE, trimmed in hot pink patent is much nicer. I don't feel cheated, and though I've never realy been hung up on the whole LE thing, mine is still a numbered, LE bag.

I do feel cheated since they look alike. But I still think my original bag is much prettier. And my peony tote is numbered making it a LE bag.

I can understand why you would feel cheated. When I saw the Peony Tote, I thought to myself "I have to have it!". Then saw it was a LE, I knew I wasn't going to get the chance to get one. Luckily for the rest of us that were oogling the Peony Tote, the Sig. Stripe Floral was released and we could all enjoy this bag.

I don't own one, but I would kind of feel upset. The thing is, the newer Peony stuff is different so it's not EXACTLY the same. The patent trim of the LE one is so awesome!

I definitely know how you feel; when I got my khaki/lilac Hamptons Carryall, I was so excited because there were (apparently) only 300 made and when I ordered it from JAX there were 6 left. Then they started showing up at TJ Maxx??? :huh:

I think this all goes back to a well planned marketing strategy. Its all about making money! Which is why Coach bags are made in China. Dont get me wrong, I love Coach, but sometimes the China bit makes my blood boil!

I loved the LE tote and was not able to get my hands on one. When I saw the new floral tote at first I thought "what a rip off for the LE peony tote owners!" But I quickly decided that I must get one. They are similar but they are still different....

Thank you for all the response, I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels cheated or ripped off.
Yes, they're not exactly alike, but the main feature (to me) is the peony applique and detailing, and that's what sucks, that this same feature is on the new sig striped totes.