Le Metier de Beaute Nail Lacquers

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
For all you polish addicts out there have any of you tried this line? Temtalia just did a review and I've never heard of them before.

Are they worth the $$$$?

For all you polish addicts out there have any of you tried this line? Temtalia just did a review and I've never heard of them before.

Are they worth the $$$$?

fyi - be aware that they are tiny! not like pig-sized tiny. micropig-sized:
9heo13.gif

the stuff costs $15 for 4ml!!!! four!!! not fourteen!

Dior comes in a 10ml bottle. Chanel comes in a 13ml one. If I can pay around $2 for Dior or Chanel, I'm not paying $3.75/ml for le metier de beauté!! you know I don't usually care about prices but that's just ridiculous!

who do they think they are, hermès???
7heo142.gif

Wow!! If piggy thinks the price is crazy that's all I need to know. Temtalia seemed to suggest it was only one coat required on the polish making it last twicw as long. But I'll stick with my essie/orly/chanel polishes.

the stuff costs $15 for 4ml!!!! four!!! not fourteen!

Dior comes in a 10ml bottle. Chanel comes in a 13ml one. If I can pay around $2 for Dior or Chanel, I'm not paying $3.75/ml for le metier de beauté!! you know I don't usually care about prices but that's just ridiculous!

who do they think they are, hermès???
7heo142.gif

Most shades are repackaged from a NYC polish company. The company sells them for 2 bucks. I wanted to buy the exclusive Bergdorf color and an insider told me about the repackaged polishes, along with other things from this company.
Needless to say I do have one I bought before the info and it is soo small. LMAO

Most shades are repackaged from a NYC polish company. The company sells them for 2 bucks. I wanted to buy the exclusive Bergdorf color and an insider told me about the repackaged polishes, along with other things from this company.
Needless to say I do have one I bought before the info and it is soo small. LMAO

Sorry, am I misunderstanding? The same polish is sold for 2 dollars a full size bottle under a different lablel? What label? And where can I get them? If its good polish I don't care about the brand! (Sally hansen hard as nails with nylon in applause is the best bottle of polish I have ever owned! Opaque in one coat and lasts an entire week with no chipping)

OMG Piggy isn't kidding about the size!!! I got one from Neimans shipped to me and I sent right back when I saw the size!!!! I didn't even try it on.... I rather get a Chanel or Dior instead.

I posted a pic too, let me go find it...brb!

eeek! Seriously?? Is the lipgloss repackaged from another brand? Because I'm absolutely devoted to the lip creme lipglosses. I will so totally kick my own behind if I've stupidly overpaid for something I can get at the drugstore. sheesh.

The dark blue color looks beautiful, but umm... the size of that bottle for that price?? I don't think so! The bottle is like all glass and no polish. I know some people who are very big fans of this brand and I've been meaning to try some products in the past, but the things I like never seem worth the price--and I definitely splurge on makeup a lot. If it is true that they are just repackaging something from a different brand, I will definitely stay away.

:shocked: What other things do they repackage? and where can I find those $2 polishes? I really like noble passion and have a few things from their line but if they really repackage their items, I'll be staying away too. :wondering

I saw temptalia's post earlier today and immediately started lemming after the blue and the dusky pink... too bad it costs so much! Also, I think it's only available at Neiman Marcus?
I tried to find other reviews to see if the polish was extraordinary and therefore worth the price, but a quick post from Lipglossiping was all I could find.

Wow. So that means if they were to be sold "full-size" on par with Dior & Chanel polishes, they would cost around $45 per bottle.

These polishes better auto-paint and remove themselves.

Wow. So that means if they were to be sold "full-size" on par with Dior & Chanel polishes, they would cost around $45 per bottle.

These polishes better auto-paint and remove themselves.

Again I ask, who do they think they are? Hermès? :P

Actually no, Hermès would just sell a full size bottle for $100, and there would still be a waiting list, and piggy would be on it, determined to perfectly match her nails to her birkins . . . ahhhh, I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight! Rouge Hermès polish that crackles into a croc scale pattern . . . that would be the COOLEST.THING.EVER. (^(oo)^)*