Le Metier de Beaute Nail Lacquers

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
Canada
For all you polish addicts out there have any of you tried this line? Temtalia just did a review and I've never heard of them before.

Are they worth the $$$$?

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
the stuff costs $15 for 4ml!!!! four!!! not fourteen!

Dior comes in a 10ml bottle. Chanel comes in a 13ml one. If I can pay around $2 for Dior or Chanel, I'm not paying $3.75/ml for le metier de beauté!! you know I don't usually care about prices but that's just ridiculous!

who do they think they are, hermès???

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
Canada
Wow!! If piggy thinks the price is crazy that's all I need to know. Temtalia seemed to suggest it was only one coat required on the polish making it last twicw as long. But I'll stick with my essie/orly/chanel polishes.

the stuff costs $15 for 4ml!!!! four!!! not fourteen!

Dior comes in a 10ml bottle. Chanel comes in a 13ml one. If I can pay around $2 for Dior or Chanel, I'm not paying $3.75/ml for le metier de beauté!! you know I don't usually care about prices but that's just ridiculous!

who do they think they are, hermès???

sjunky13

Dreaming............
O.G.
Dec 17, 2006
Marcel's
Most shades are repackaged from a NYC polish company. The company sells them for 2 bucks. I wanted to buy the exclusive Bergdorf color and an insider told me about the repackaged polishes, along with other things from this company.
Needless to say I do have one I bought before the info and it is soo small. LMAO

bluejinx

~~Shayna~~
Dec 15, 2009
Canada
Most shades are repackaged from a NYC polish company. The company sells them for 2 bucks. I wanted to buy the exclusive Bergdorf color and an insider told me about the repackaged polishes, along with other things from this company.
Needless to say I do have one I bought before the info and it is soo small. LMAO
Sorry, am I misunderstanding? The same polish is sold for 2 dollars a full size bottle under a different lablel? What label? And where can I get them? If its good polish I don't care about the brand! (Sally hansen hard as nails with nylon in applause is the best bottle of polish I have ever owned! Opaque in one coat and lasts an entire week with no chipping)

Sparklefreak

Sep 6, 2010
OMG Piggy isn't kidding about the size!!! I got one from Neimans shipped to me and I sent right back when I saw the size!!!! I didn't even try it on.... I rather get a Chanel or Dior instead.

I posted a pic too, let me go find it...brb!

gga

Satans Little Helper
O.G.
Dec 16, 2006
eeek! Seriously?? Is the lipgloss repackaged from another brand? Because I'm absolutely devoted to the lip creme lipglosses. I will so totally kick my own behind if I've stupidly overpaid for something I can get at the drugstore. sheesh.

May 15, 2009
Washington DC
The dark blue color looks beautiful, but umm... the size of that bottle for that price?? I don't think so! The bottle is like all glass and no polish. I know some people who are very big fans of this brand and I've been meaning to try some products in the past, but the things I like never seem worth the price--and I definitely splurge on makeup a lot. If it is true that they are just repackaging something from a different brand, I will definitely stay away.

sweetart

♥
May 17, 2008
:shocked: What other things do they repackage? and where can I find those $2 polishes? I really like noble passion and have a few things from their line but if they really repackage their items, I'll be staying away too. :wondering

Dec 19, 2009
I saw temptalia's post earlier today and immediately started lemming after the blue and the dusky pink... too bad it costs so much! Also, I think it's only available at Neiman Marcus?
I tried to find other reviews to see if the polish was extraordinary and therefore worth the price, but a quick post from Lipglossiping was all I could find.

peach.

everything is peachy
O.G.
Mar 17, 2007
Japan
alapeach.com
Wow. So that means if they were to be sold "full-size" on par with Dior & Chanel polishes, they would cost around $45 per bottle.

These polishes better auto-paint and remove themselves.

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Wow. So that means if they were to be sold "full-size" on par with Dior & Chanel polishes, they would cost around $45 per bottle.

These polishes better auto-paint and remove themselves.
Again I ask, who do they think they are? Hermès? :P

Actually no, Hermès would just sell a full size bottle for $100, and there would still be a waiting list, and piggy would be on it, determined to perfectly match her nails to her birkins . . . ahhhh, I know what I'll be dreaming about tonight! Rouge Hermès polish that crackles into a croc scale pattern . . . that would be the COOLEST.THING.EVER. (^(oo)^)*