Food Le Creseut cookware - where to buy online for US delivery?

woody

Jan 10, 2009
Hi Ladies

I thought you might be able to help me.

I'd like to buy my brother-in-law (who is an amazing cook) a Le Creseut saute pan or roasting pan for Xmas.

I live in Australia so I need to buy it online to deliver to him in the States. He lives in CA.

Can you give me some ideas of safe, reputable and authorised Le Creseut online retailers?

I found Williams Sonoma mentioned in another thread and I'd wondering if I can get it any cheaper elsewhere though they have exactly what I want.

Is there any way to avoid the CA tax by buying outside of CA? (I like my brother-in-law a lot but this is expensive stuff! :P)

Thanks so much

I think Le Creuset sells for the same price everywhere (except for places like the outlet). cooking.com is a good place to look, maybe you can at least save on tax. Good luck, it's a great gift!

Hiya woody, does petersofkensington.com.au deliver to "gift" addresses overseas? Y'know, where you buy something for someone and have it delivered to their place? Their prices for LC are pretty good and they're a huge company so might be worth a shot...

I would go with Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. I don't know if you'll find it much cheaper at any really reputable dealers, it doesn't go on sale very often, the only way to really get a price break is to buy a set.

What a lovely gift!

I always thought the sales tax was based on the billing address, not the shipping address (because of gifts and such), but I could be wrong on that. If I am wrong and it is based on shipping address, you just need to find an online retailer that does not have a physical store in California, and then you don't pay tax (at least that is how it works here in VA).

I think Le Creuset sells for the same price everywhere (except for places like the outlet). cooking.com is a good place to look, maybe you can at least save on tax. Good luck, it's a great gift!

Thanks Laureen - that is good to know. I won't waste my time looking beyond the wonderful suggestions I have received in this thread in that case.

Hiya woody, does petersofkensington.com.au deliver to "gift" addresses overseas? Y'know, where you buy something for someone and have it delivered to their place? Their prices for LC are pretty good and they're a huge company so might be worth a shot...

Hi - what are doing over here??? Its funny where we bump into each other!

Thanks for your suggestion about PofK. I did not know that about their international shipping. I thought I saw some deals on in Myer which actually made me think if there were some Australian options (with international postage) they might work out cheap. I'll check out PofK.

Sur le Table is another reputable site along the lines of Williams-Sonoma.

Thank you for your suggestion. With all these good ideas I feel like I will be well researched enough to make a purchase decision once I have looked up these suggestions! I don't own any Le Creseut myself :thinking:

I would go with Williams Sonoma or Sur La Table. I don't know if you'll find it much cheaper at any really reputable dealers, it doesn't go on sale very often, the only way to really get a price break is to buy a set.

What a lovely gift!

I always thought the sales tax was based on the billing address, not the shipping address (because of gifts and such), but I could be wrong on that. If I am wrong and it is based on shipping address, you just need to find an online retailer that does not have a physical store in California, and then you don't pay tax (at least that is how it works here in VA).

Thank you. We visited them earlier this year and the BIL spent a lot of time in the kitchen so I want to buy him something a bit special to thank him for his amazing efforts.

I saw some of the sets - amazing deals. I think you are right - they would be the way to go. One item from the set for him and the rest for me :P

I better start researching.

Thank you everyone so much for your help. I really appreciate it!

Macys have a pretty good deal on the roasting pan today for $190 (which Williams Sonoma also has for the same price). But William's charges 11% of the final vallue for shipping and shipping is free today for Vets Day at Macy's!

I'm just about to hit buy! I'll quickly look at these other suggestions.