Le boy & dior

crazy09

Aug 24, 2014
Dior and Chanel are always the competitors, I honestly love both of them, they are both feminine and elegant, but I am feeling that Chanel is the one that i will keep updating because Chanel is the most classic brand ever in the world and most importantly, the products are so unique to remember, the styles and details are easy to tell.

Today, I accidentally found this picture @Dior Spring-Summer 2015 fashion show, which looks like it is "inspired" by the Le Boy, in particular the chain and the overall shape (Dior hardly has rectangular shape bags). This bag really lacks of originality. I can tell this is "inspired" by Le Boy although I don't own any of them. Is this the reason why Dior never win?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 3.08.14 am.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-27 at 3.08.14 am.png
    406.1 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:
Now that I see Dior starting to copy the Boy a little bit, I am so glad that I jumped onto the Boy Bandwagon before the next price increase that comes with cruise 2015.:P
I love the look of the Boy's chain and leather strap combo, esp in rhw.
I still think the Boy looks better than this Dior Version.

As much as I love dior I did also think this bag looks like boy...definitely dissapointed. But I am still sticking with dior as I find their quality to be perfect. I love boys and will not be buying this dior bag. Though I will continue to purchase their lady dior as well as diorissimo bags

Dior and Chanel are always the competitors, I honestly love both of them, they are both feminine and elegant, but I am feeling that Chanel is the one that i will keep updating because Chanel is the most classic brand ever in the world and most importantly, the products are so unique to remember, the styles and details are easy to tell.

Today, I accidentally found this picture @Dior Spring-Summer 2015 fashion show, which looks like it is "inspired" by the Le Boy, in particular the chain and the overall shape (Dior hardly has rectangular shape bags). This bag really lacks of originality. I can tell this is "inspired" by Le Boy although I don't own any of them. Is this the reason why Dior never win?

I do hope while you were looking around that you took a look at Raf's fashions for the season. They are gorgeous, quite wearable, and the quality is amazing. As a designer, his clothes just get better and better each season. You may see Chanel items here and there in a magazine spread, but you see Dior's clothes out and about and being worn by people who buy them themselves. Quite refreshing.

While I agree there are elements of this bag from Chanel (the strap mainly), Dior does have flap bags (are you familiar with the Miss Dior bag?), from Miss Dior to the Be Dior line and others. They also have totes, and some Chanel seasonal totes are actually looking a bit like the Dior ones of late. It would be ideal if each designer didn't cross the lines, because the iconic Chanel bags should stay with Chanel and the iconic Dior bags should stay with Dior.

I do hope while you were looking around that you took a look at Raf's fashions for the season. They are gorgeous, quite wearable, and the quality is amazing. As a designer, his clothes just get better and better each season. You may see Chanel items here and there in a magazine spread, but you see Dior's clothes out and about and being worn by people who buy them themselves. Quite refreshing.

While I agree there are elements of this bag from Chanel (the strap mainly), Dior does have flap bags (are you familiar with the Miss Dior bag?), from Miss Dior to the Be Dior line and others. They also have totes, and some Chanel seasonal totes are actually looking a bit like the Dior ones of late. It would be ideal if each designer didn't cross the lines, because the iconic Chanel bags should stay with Chanel and the iconic Dior bags should stay with Dior.

+1000

It's kinda much to say that Dior ripped off Chanel on the basis that they produced a rectangular bag...

+1000

It's kinda much to say that Dior ripped off Chanel on the basis that they produced a rectangular bag...

Agree with all! Both designers have their niche. Chanel doesn't hold one candle to Dior's RTW.