LDS/Mormon Weddings and the color green?

Kittie LaRoche

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
O.G.
Aug 24, 2006
I hope this is allowed even though it references religion. If not, please close. :shame:

I just spent hours browsing through a Utah Wedding Photographer's Video Archive and noticed that there were a lot of green accessoires (shawls, bouquets, shoes). Does that color hold a special meaning or is it just coincidence? I tried doing a Google search but didn't really find anything.

I think that is is just a coincidence. I worked with a bridal registry consultant for a while and it seemed like color preferences went in phases. Pink would be the thing for a couple of months, then everyone would switch to blue, then to platinum, then to black, then to something else. It may just be that green is a very in color in that area.

Does anyone else watch Big Love? Remember last season when Barb did a Temple Endowment Ceremony?

During the ceremony, Barb wore a white robe and some sort of green apron.

The apron is embroidered with fig leaves.

The green represents life and the fig leaves represent being fruitful and multiplying.

Maybe since both the wedding and the Endowment Ceremony take place in the temple, the couple thought it would be a good idea to incorporate green.

Thank you for the input, ladies! :flowers:

I've never seen Big Love, but that use of green sounds plausible. I did a lot reading - even came across asimplewedding.com - but no pages were really specific.

Green is a meaningful color for me so I was very intrigued. One of the videos that stood out the most for me was this pre-wedding shot:

http://vimeo.com/m/#/8983137

Once I've seen that I noticed the green color in most Temple wedding videos. :nuts:

Hi!
I am a mormon & the answer is no. Green has no significance whatsoever.

Also, you all know that polygamy is not practiced by mormons? Big Love has nothing to do with the mormon religion. I've never watched the show but polygamists can't go through the temple. Mormons aren't pligs & do not condone their way of life:smile:

Thank you for letting me know :hugs: What a weird coincidence though?! Or maybe the photographer was a fan of the color green?! It's just so prominent in his works that it got me wondering.

(And yes, I did know :yes:)