LB Dark Gray Mini Mattie REVEAL

Belle-

Can you tell me what the leather is like? Can you also tell me if this is a straight up grey or if it has any brown undertones to it? Any if would be great!

Basically what I really want to know is if it's the same as the old DG. Also, how is the construction?

Thanks!!

Belle-

Can you tell me what the leather is like? Can you also tell me if this is a straight up grey or if it has any brown undertones to it? Any if would be great!

Basically what I really want to know is if it's the same as the old DG. Also, how is the construction?

Thanks!!

I don't wanna hijack this question, but I just got mine a couple hours ago! It's true dark grey and the leather is smooth and pliable, but not smooshy. The closest leather I have to it is wine as far as surface texture, but it may be slightly thinner. I don't think it will scratch easily.

The construction is great, new sewn instead of sealed handles, everything is even. It feels substantial without being heavy on your arm. I really like it, but at full price, I still don't know if I'll keep it yet! It's weird, but there's something in my brain that prevents me from associating silver hardware with being 'classic' or 'expensive' looking.

Belle-

Thanks!!

The leather is soft but lightly glazed. I am pretty new to RM, so I can't tell you if it is the same as the old DG however, it definitely does not have any brown undertones IMO. It's a dark, true gray. Hope that helps!

I don't wanna hijack this question, but I just got mine a couple hours ago! It's true dark grey and the leather is smooth and pliable, but not smooshy. The closest leather I have to it is wine as far as surface texture, but it may be slightly thinner. I don't think it will scratch easily.

The construction is great, new sewn instead of sealed handles, everything is even. It feels substantial without being heavy on your arm. I really like it, but at full price, I still don't know if I'll keep it yet! It's weird, but there's something in my brain that prevents me from associating silver hardware with being 'classic' or 'expensive' looking.

I appreciate the thoughtful response! Sounds like it is the old dark grey, for some reaosn the pics on LB throw me off a bit. As for the bolded part above, I am the same way! I have been training myself to like silver hardware but it's hard.

It's not like I think that gold hardware automatically means it looks expensive (or classic) because gold can easily be too over the top, but there is something about silver that reminds me of bags that used to carry when I was in junior high. I am coming around though and have been able to appreciate silver hardware more and more lately.

OP- Sorry to hijack the thread, it's just that I love your bag so much I am thinking of ordering it :nuts: