lazy ebay seller!!!

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
South
i was looking at a bag yesterday and the description says:

EXTRA LARGE PURSUE (that should have been my first clue!)

anyhoo............it got worse. the description says all of the following:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]GREAT BAG FOR SUMMER
RETAIL PRICE$225.00

that was it! so of course i emailed her to find out the measurments of the bag to which she replied later on last night:

[/FONT]THE BAG IS EXTRA LARGE I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE MEASUREMENT.:faint::rolleyes:

that i believe was second clue! not to mention that she has a rating of 3 and 0% feedback. i would love to get that bag and i started to email her again to see if she could possibly find a tape measure somewhere but with her score and her less than good communication i don't think i need the nightmare just waiting to happen!:wondering

Edna

O.G.
Nov 28, 2005
Yeah, I'd pass! If she can't be bothered to measure the bag and respond to a possible buyer, who knows what else she may be too lazy to do.

SWlife

For the love of beautiful things
O.G.
Oct 18, 2006
New Mexico
Yeah, I'd pass! If she can't be bothered to measure the bag and respond to a possible buyer, who knows what else she may be too lazy to do.
Like pack it and ship it.
I'd pass on it too.

cookie888

Apr 18, 2009
Surrey, UK
PASS!

I've asked a seller to measure some flip flops for me once and they couldn't be bothered saying they didn't know the measurements. I had to ask myself how ppl can be so lazy they can't get a ruler or measuring tape. Annoying

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
South
i wish those two that have bid on it good luck!!!:P i guess the size was not all important to them!

Like pack it and ship it.
:graucho: EXACTLY!!!!! too bad the one at london luggage is no longer available.

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
Um. Is it possible that the seller does not use English for their first language. eBay US is the largest online eBay marketplace, so it attracts sellers from all parts of the globe. For example me, but English happens to be my first language.

Obviously a seller should try to do the basics in terms of measurements. Were there photos that showed the size?

You should see me writing in Japanese, I have the skills of a bad mannered toddler. Some day I hope to be as literate as a 7 year old!

bag-princess

Spoiled Princess
O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
South
there are several photo's but there is no way in the world to know what extra large means to them in terms of size. i have seen people describe things as extra large when it really is medium but because of their view of it - and i am sure how it related to them - that it is that big in their mind!

ibezj

Nov 3, 2008
NE
Wow...I wouldn't work with this seller if she can't be bothered to measure a bag and get back to you.

There will be other bags out there. : :smile: :

Alice1979

Toxic
O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
NY
I would pass too.

But I don't understand. They can be bothered by taking the photos, uploading them to the computer, and listing the bag, but they can't be bothered with the measurements?

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
I would pass too.

But I don't understand. They can be bothered by taking the photos, uploading them to the computer, and listing the bag, but they can't be bothered with the measurements?
I think it is a literacy issue. It's the word "Measurements" has them confused. I wouldn't thump a seller because of literacy. They have just copied the words Extra Large Sac from the tag.

Has it been authenticated on the forum? They are selling a few things and everything seems to have a similar backdrop, so they probably do have it.

I've bought things with very sparse details and shocking photos when I have known exactly what I was looking at. Sometimes, you can get excellent bargains this way.

Last edited:

MidNiteSun

O.G.
Mar 4, 2009
yes, don't buy from that seller. i saw this ring on ebay & wanted to buy it. seller only had 1 pic and "beautiful ring, gold color". no ring size or anything. so i emailed & asked her. she replied "don't know size & camera broke". then i get another email asking me what size i need. i replied 6. then i got an email "this is a 6".....i didn't buy it. it annoys the heck out of me.