Lavender, what color is this? brown/taupe or purple tones

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello, I am new to RM, and normally buy Coach, but have just discovered these gorgeous bags. I have search and searched to find what color lavender is. Can someone tell me, is it a taupe, or does it have purple tones???
    Thank you.

2. I love lavender, it was my first RM :smile:
    Its a mixture of brown/taupe with purple undertones. Its a nice, dark neutral color - different enough from plain brown. Alot of the pics make it appear lighter because of the flash. Lavender leather also has a nice glazed finish, making it more durable than other leathers.

3. ^^Lol, I would actually think of it as, the oppositie... a soft lavender/taupe with brown undertones. It's a beautiful color though.. I have a lavender rocker. It's very neutral.

4. You could be right. To me its a purply-brown - thats my technical color description, lol. I love my mini nikki in it.

5. Thankyou for your ideas. I have seen a stud devote on sale in lavender and brown bear and almond. So my choice is between these.

I would love a black devote as my first RM bag, but I can't seem to find one on sale and it's out of my price range. But I want the right choice for my first bag too.

I'm in australia so I have to make my choices without seeing the colors IRL.

Sounds like lavender would go with many colors.

6. There is a black devote on bonanzle now, but I am not sure if they ship to australia. Also, asteralice.com has a pepper devote...again, not sure about international shipping.

7. Thank you for looking for me. I didn't word it correctly I am after the stud devote, with the gold hardware. I do find most places ship here. The postage price is very expensive, but I just cant' get rebecca minkoff here. And I never see anyone carrying any here. I love to have something different than everyone else.

8. I think I might take the leap and get the lavender, It's on sale for less than $400 at bluefly. The only black stud ones I can see are about $700. I think I narrowly missed a black at saks, they only have brown left. So lavender it is...

9. I think you will be happy with Lavendar :yes:

10. My lavender MAM was my first RM and it's a gorgeous color IRL! A great neutral. Here is a pic of my MAM taken with flash. Actual color is a bit darker.

[​IMG]

11. i love love love the lavender....it has tempted me many times...i just cant do light bags...lol....i am so scared to get them dirty...

12. #12 Feb 22, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
    Thanks for advice everyone, and thank you for posting pics, it is gorgeous. Makes my decision easier.

Ok, I just went to order it and it is sold out! Was not meant to be then. And I will continue my search for a black one.

Thank you all for your help.

13. I wanted to get the studded Lavender Devote but was told Lavender is stiffer & would not smoosh as nicely on a bag like the Devote. I eventually got a Black Studded one. The leather was gorgeously pebbly. Asteralice has good rates for intl shipping for sale items, there is also a code now for 40% off RM IIRC. You might want to check what Devotes they have now.