Lavender florentine satchel, how rare is it?

fickleflorentine

Jun 1, 2019
How rare is the Lavender Florentine satchel? I've seen them sell for more than their original retail prices, which is crazy to me. How can they be so rare that they are selling for more than retail? Are there significantly fewer of them than there are of any other Florentine satchel color? Are these high prices just flukes or are they really worth more than their retail prices these days? Thank you to anyone who can clarify this for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaffodilDuck
How rare is the Lavender Florentine satchel? I've seen them sell for more than their original retail prices, which is crazy to me. How can they be so rare that they are selling for more than retail? Are there significantly fewer of them than there are of any other Florentine satchel color? Are these high prices just flukes or are they really worth more than their retail prices these days? Thank you to anyone who can clarify this for me.
I take a simplistic view of cases such as you describe, & we see them on the net all the time.
Sellers hoping someone wants one bad enough RIGHT NOW to shell out more than it went for retail and buyer paying way too much while ASSUMING Dooney will never offer that item/color again.

I've never seen Lavender Florentine in real life and I'm a frequent contributor to the "Dooney sightings in the wild" thread on this forum; I keep my eyes peeled for ANY Dooney.

I'm surprised you're surprised that an object from a popular collecting catgeory (leather goods, handbags) which is no longer in production or retail sale would on the secondhand or aftermarket sell for more than its original retail price!

On ebay I have paid way more than original retail for New With Tags Dooneys from reputable sellers when the bag has been long gone from stores and sites and I really want the style or color. Dooney is so well-made that it's always worth it to dive into their fabulous back catalog. With the amount I have spent on marked-up hard-to-find Dooneys, I could have bought a Louis Vuitton, lower pricr range Hermes bag, Chloe, etc. Nope. I want Dooneys, and I want the styles and colors they haven't sold for years now.

Reactions: Lilybarb