Lauren Graham/Sarah Braverman's "Parenthood" bag

dede629

O.G.
Nov 10, 2009
Hi, I'm hoping someone w/ more knowledge of designers than me has also been watching NBC's new show "Parenthood" and has noticed the bag carried by Lauren Graham's character, Sarah Braverman.

She's carrying the same bag in almost every scene of every show so far, and since she's supposed to be a broke mom of 2 who's just moved back in w/ her parents, I wouldn't think it would be a high end designer, but this is TV, where the product placement plug reigns :P, so who knows.

It's a deep red/maroon/burgandy colour, hobo style, w/ great stud detailing in a single line down each side - almost looks like it could be a Tano (the main sub-forum I post in), but it's not any style of theirs that I know of.

I have no access to the show (American network websites don't allow Canadian ISPs to watch or download broadcasts) to get a pic, and haven't a clue how to do a screen-cap anyway. I've looked all over online, but of course, no pics, and no one else seems to have posted about this, so like I said above, I'm just hoping for a fellow "Parenthood" viewer w/ a good eye for bags!?

Awesome, thanks for the screen cap. Shows how good a witness I'd be - I was sure it was a single line of rivets per side. Other than those rivets, I'm fairly certain there's no other embellishment of any kind. It's quite plain, but a great classic hobo shape, which is what I like about it.

Yes, I *think* it's suede, although it's tough to tell, because it's a dark coloured bag, and it's not like the camera person or director is looking for the best shot of the bag :P. Fairly certain though.

Do you know what it is? Does metalheavy's screen cap help anyone else i.d. it??

I tried to get a "best of" of the bag so maybe someone can find out the designer. She had the bag in two colors, red/maroon and black. And I'm pretty sure they are both suede. I thought it was Donna Karan but her studded hobo bag is slightly different and I could only find that one style. Any other guesses?

4521782798_4f8b650b1c_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4071/4521782798_4f8b650b1c_b.jpg

Hey guys, I was FINALLY able to identify this bag, thanks to a site called Lauren Graham Fashion Style. It is the "Lola Bag" that was sold from a store called, One October in Los Angeles - that appears to no longer exist. All I was able to find was an old Facebook page of theirs that has not been posted on since 2011.
One October is located in Los Angeles and all of our products are designed in LA. Partners Roxana Zal, Adrienne Weller, and Naomi Stokeld are dedicated to providing luxurious high quality accessories that transcend seasons.
With everything that I've gathered, my guess is that a wardrobe stylist for the show Parenthood, found this bag through One October and used it for the Sarah Braverman character. Seeing as how the bag appears to have been designed and sold only in LA, the likelihood of any of us finding the bag for purchase, is slim to none. If by some miracle, we were able to find the bag, odds are, it's expensive lol.
FB_IMG_1485166036584.jpg FB_IMG_1485166039907.jpg
RIP Lola Bag

Last edited: