Launch My Line on Bravo begins Sept. 16

Chi town Chanel

Meow!
O.G.
Dec 18, 2007
Here are the details from Fashion Week Daily:

On the Line: Bravo's new show pairs wannabe designers with the real thing to launch their own collections

Monday, July 27, 2009

(NEW YORK) From Project Runway to The Fashion Show, Bravo's style-centric series have always revolved more around the creative process than the actual production-until now. Launch My Line, which will premiere September 16, will pair fashion industry insiders who've always dreamed to have their own line with actual designers with actual design experience-and put them to the test to be judged by DSquared2's Dean and Dan Caten and retail heavyweights Stefani Greenfield (of Scoop) and Lisa Kline. The designer hopefuls will work with their designer expert to create one look per episode, that will be presented to a live studio audience, and in the end, the winner will have their clothing line launched. The expert designer who helped them along the way will receive $50,000.

So who are this season's hopefuls? New York's own fashion scenester Patrick McDonald takes one spot, along with architect David Applebaum, music mogul Kevin Black, business maven Marilyn Crawford, DJ Eric Cubeechee, fashion writer (and Daily alum) Merle Ginsberg, event designer Vanessa Gonzalez, choreographer Dan Karaty, stylist Louanna Rawls, and jewelry designer Kathy Rose. As for the expert designers? No, Marc and Oscar won't be making cameos; expect relative unknowns who've worked under the radar at brands like BCBGMaxAzria, alums of the GenArt program, and designers of lines like EMIL Couture, Single, Rhys Dwfen, and Elevate & Collide.

i didn't even watch the fashion show because it looked lame. i don't know, like they were trying too hard to emulate project runway, which imo, is one of a kind.

sounds interesting.