LATISSE - FDA approves drug to make eyelashes thicker and stronger!!

I have just started noticing my lash line is redder....darker skin....but I always wear make up so it's not a problem.

My dr said not to use it on my lower lashes. Not sure why. My lower lashes appear to be okay though.

3 months is a long time for one bottle. I hope I can stretch my current bottle that long. That really was a great tip!:smile:

The clinical trials for Latisse were in patients who applied the product to the upper eyelid only. There is no data for product usage along the lower eyelid (or lower lash line), which means that it is unknown if it is safe to use Latisse along the lower eyelid. Doctors do not recommend using the product on the lower eyelid because Latisse does not recommend using the product in that way, which is clearly stated on all of their literature/marketing/advertising.

I have just started noticing my lash line is redder....darker skin....but I always wear make up so it's not a problem.

My dr said not to use it on my lower lashes. Not sure why. My lower lashes appear to be okay though.

3 months is a long time for one bottle. I hope I can stretch my current bottle that long. That really was a great tip!:smile:

Technically, you're not supposed to use Latisse on the bottom lashes, but I know ppl who do. My lashes are normally very short, so I wanted to lengthen all my lashes, top and bottom. And in case I wasn't clear, I use a single drop for both eyes. This is only after my lashes had grown to their maximum after 3-4 months of regular usage (1 drop per single eye).

i just got mine today i bought it for use on my eyebrows though, i would consider using it on my eyelashe but i have light hazel eyes that i love and would die if i changed the color permantly from something like this so im still undecided, but has anyone here used this on thier eyebrows? thanks!

i just got mine today i bought it for use on my eyebrows though, i would consider using it on my eyelashe but i have light hazel eyes that i love and would die if i changed the color permantly from something like this so im still undecided, but has anyone here used this on thier eyebrows? thanks!

How funny that you posted this today... I just purchased Latisse for my eyebrows a few hours ago! I had electrolysis on my brows back in the 90s and would like to try and grow some of it back. In particular, the brow area in between my nose. Not that I want a uni-brow or anything. I just feel my eyebrows are spaced too far apart. Hope I'm making sense. :P

We will be attempting Latisse on our eyebrows at the same time. Good luck with your brow growing!

PortlandKelly said:
How funny that you posted this today... I just purchased Latisse for my eyebrows a few hours ago! I had electrolysis on my brows back in the 90s and would like to try and grow some of it back. In particular, the brow area in between my nose. Not that I want a uni-brow or anything. I just feel my eyebrows are spaced too far apart. Hope I'm making sense. :P

We will be attempting Latisse on our eyebrows at the same time. Good luck with your brow growing!

Omg I had electrolysis on my eyebrows too about 10 years ago that's why I bought it for my brows also that's too funny!! I got too much of an arch and I just want them all around fuller...good luck to you too!!

update...this has given me amazing results on my eyebrows... After only 2 weeks I began seeing changes and now my bottle is done (I missed a bunch of days) and I have thick lush superfull eyebrows... Exactly what I wanted...now to find the right person to just subtly clean them up :smile: im very satisfied and defiantly recommend!!

Hi! I searched this thread and couldn't find an answer.... can I use Latisse in the mornings before applying makeup?

I clean my face thoroughly before bed, but for some reason I can't stand taking my mascara off! I feel like when I've done this before I lose more eyelashes than when I remove it in the mornings (weird I know!).

So would this work for me to apply in the am ??

punkin pie said:
Hi! I searched this thread and couldn't find an answer.... can I use Latisse in the mornings before applying makeup?

I clean my face thoroughly before bed, but for some reason I can't stand taking my mascara off! I feel like when I've done this before I lose more eyelashes than when I remove it in the mornings (weird I know!).

So would this work for me to apply in the am ??

It should be ok to apply in the am, try to allow time for it to absorb/dry before applying make up.

I would recommend a gentle cleanser to remove your mascara at night though then use latisse if possible.

Good luck I have used it for a couple of years now and love it.

I used this product for no more than a month back in 2010 because I hated that it gave me little spots along my eye lids, like blocked ducts. It's not worth something drastic happening to your eyes or sight just to have long eyelashes

I have been using Latisse for about a year and had no problems with eye infections or change of color to my green eyes. I have had 2 eye exams and my doc just said, wow your lashes are really thick. Yes, my eyes are sometimes a little itchy but I love how long my lashes look especially when I wear mascara.

I've spoken to some estheticians (I work in the beauty/spa biz) who have clients that apply it to lower lids... This led to an occurrence they said is called upper cheekbone hair growth. There's a group of clients who exhibit longer facial hair on the upper part of their cheekbone directly below their lower lids- no joke. This can be because products may migrate without the user knowing (during sleep etc.).

I've spoken to some estheticians (I work in the beauty/spa biz) who have clients that apply it to lower lids... This led to an occurrence they said is called upper cheekbone hair growth. There's a group of clients who exhibit longer facial hair on the upper part of their cheekbone directly below their lower lids- no joke. This can be because products may migrate without the user knowing (during sleep etc.).

I had that happen during my first round (so embarrassing!!) because I was applying too much. If you put it on your top lashes the bottom will get some too, I use an eyeliner brush for more precise application;)

I like how Latisse works. I do worry about my eyecolor, but had been told by my doctor that it rarely happen.. This thought was on the back of my mind all this time I had been using latisse and later generic careprost... So I am glad to find natural alternative which works as well, but doesn't have scary side effects. I really like Fysiko serum, it more than doubled my eyelashes! ps not associated with any companies in any way