latest Bal bag -- VERY disappointed

CMUmom56

Jun 25, 2009
I just received my Chataigne from LV and I must say I was shocked when I opened the UPS box. After ripping off the tape, I couldn't wait to see that white box with Balenciaga on it -- well much to my surprise I only saw lots of white tissue and under all that was a Bal dustbag -- NO BOX. I couldn't believe they sent it like that -- for what I paid I expected the bag to be treated like the ones I got before. Also, the leather is nice on the front, but looks like dry alligator skin on the back -- it is really soft, but looks very wrinkly. I know some of you ladies like that type of leather, but I am not a big fan -- like my leather smooth and smooshy. Needless to say, I just wrote Bal LV and my SA and told her about my unhappiness with the packaging and the leather. I just wanted to know if I am being picky about this matter or am I right to complain about the packaging?? How did all of your deliveries come - were they all in a Bal box?? Please give me some advice here -- I am really unhappy about this as I was looking forward to this bag all week!! :sad:

i am so sorry for what happened ..i am also very disappointed because BALENCIAGA DON'T SHIP BOX ANYMORE(at least if you buy in CANNES ,MILAN OR PARIS) unless it is an accessory(cp,muclutch...) they are economizing in everything!!:cursing::rant:

for the leather:i always ask for pictures and my leather preference ,because SA can't kow your preference... i think you could return it for another smoother one;)

I hate the boxes and always end up throwing them out. Leather needs to breathe so the last place I want to store my bags is in dustbags inside boxes. And if you ever resell, the cost to send the box with the bag is too expensive.

The last bag I purchased from Bal LA did not come with a box and I was thrilled! :biggrin:

Oh ok -- then I was being too harsh on my SA -- It's just that it was in UPS stations from LV to here and I didn't like the fact that it got jostled around in all those delivery trucks -- when I purchase in person i can see not putting it in a box, but maybe that's just me. I contacted my SA in LV and I am sending the bag back for a smoother leather. My Sa knows that I like the smoother leather as I purchased a black cherry day and told her I like the smoother leather and not the "alligator skin". So maybe she forgot? She did send me 4 pics -- all front -- NO BACK -- so that was my fault for not asking for those. As for the box, they were all out and she will send me one when they get them -- only for the reason of shipping and not storage -- and for my piece of mind -- Thank you all for your opinions and comments -- it helped ALOT!!:smile:

I'm sorry you were unhappy with your bag after waiting excitedly for it all week :sad:

On the other hand I"m glad to see they're working it out for you and the next bag will be exactly what you want I"m sure! Are you getting chataigne again? Now I"m not sure what to do...

Any chance you take take some pics of bag if you get a chance? Front and back?

^^
Yes -- same color and same bag -- love the color and the style -- not the leather --lol. And I will try to take some pics -- gotta find my camera among all my son's junk -- trying to work through this and get him organized for a return trip to Central Michigan University isn't easy -- lmfao

Glad you are getting another bag with smoother leather! One thing I've found is that s/a's don't usually remember your leather preferences unless you do a lot of business together. And even then a gentle reminder is always good!

yeah -- it was totally my fault for not asking about the leather distressing and I am kicking myself for it now!! I have another week to wait for another bag...next time I will know better - lol

I know you will get the bag you want!
But I have gotten bags in those big white boxes from Bal stores recently!
I love getting the box, it makes it feel like a special present!
Pls keep us updated, good luck!