latest Bal bag -- VERY disappointed

CMUmom56, my f/w 09 black First is also smooth at the front but at the back, depending on the lighting sometimes it looks smooth and other times, wrinkly. But overall, the back is more wrinkly than the front. Anyway I hope you get the bag you want, good luck! :smile:

Oh I didn't get boxes too (My purchases are from AR). Was a little sad at first but I quickly got over it.

I received Boxes for purchases from Europe. I was used to not having box until I started buying from Europe, I actually like receiving boxes of different sizes although I have no use for them since my babes will be in their dustbag sleeping together :biggrin:

And I'm sorry about the non-consistency! It bugs me too actually!! Hope your love will arrive asap!

I think I am over the box issue, although it is nice to open a UPS package and see that white box with Balenciaga on it -- gives me goosebumps -- lol. I, too think they are trying to cut costs by not using boxes although my SA did say they ran out. How do you not have enough boxes -- I mean, really?? LV should be getting my return on Thursday(hopefully sooner) and I will have to wait until she has it in her hands before she ships another PT out -- sooooo we are looking at almost 2 weeks w/o my Chataigne beauty -- hope she is worth the wait!!

I don't mind having no box, now the problem with the type of leather, it's really the case when we just shop online or thru phone purchases. We don't know what we will gonna get.

Did you specify exactly what type of leather you wanted? I always do this (when I can) so that I get the type of bag I want. You have to be really specific with Balenciaga as there is so much personality with the leather.

I've never received a box with my purchase. They Bal boxes are pretty large and add a huge amount to shipping costs. Also where the heck am I going to put all of those Bal boxes? I like boxes for smaller accessories - but for bags it doesn't matter so much to me.

It is supposed to be here tomorrow -- from the pictures my SA sent me, it looks alot better than the first one so I'm hopeful! I also saw the new club in Chataigne and REALLY love the way it looks -- color is yummy and so is the leather............so let's see that's a Twiggy in Tempete and a club in Chataigne -- yeah that ought to be enough for the year -- LOL Queen I will post pics when I get her -- cross your fingers that it's a keeper!!

I just received my Chataigne from LV and I must say I was shocked when I opened the UPS box. After ripping off the tape, I couldn't wait to see that white box with Balenciaga on it -- well much to my surprise I only saw lots of white tissue and under all that was a Bal dustbag -- NO BOX. I couldn't believe they sent it like that -- for what I paid I expected the bag to be treated like the ones I got before. Also, the leather is nice on the front, but looks like dry alligator skin on the back -- it is really soft, but looks very wrinkly. I know some of you ladies like that type of leather, but I am not a big fan -- like my leather smooth and smooshy. Needless to say, I just wrote Bal LV and my SA and told her about my unhappiness with the packaging and the leather. I just wanted to know if I am being picky about this matter or am I right to complain about the packaging?? How did all of your deliveries come - were they all in a Bal box?? Please give me some advice here -- I am really unhappy about this as I was looking forward to this bag all week!! :sad:

Sorry to hear about this, i know it could just ruin the excitement. :sad: I too buy my bags from BalLV and have received 4 bags in nicely wrapped tissue however my SA did tell me that they are out of boxes and promised to send me some as soon as they come in...i've get a few boxes on the way. With regards to the leather, they will be happy to exchange it for you so just send it back. Good luck and hope in the end you will be happy with your new bag! we're here to celebrate with ya!:biggrin:

^^^
Thx - my PT Chataigne is going to be delivered tomorrow -- hoping it is in one piece since it is coming to me via Ontario -- I have no idea why Bal LV sent it that way, but I have high expectations since the pictures my SA sent beforehand were gorgeousssssssss -- *fingers crossed* :tup:

I love receiving balenciaga boxes as well ^^ so I can understand you are disappointed not receiving one..
but please think of the poor trees they would have to cut in making the boxes :smile:

I am not sure if Balenciaga not including the big boxes anymore due to their consideration to environmental or just plain stingy!

and sorry for being such an eco freak, but I hope you will enjoy the bag regardless of the box :smile:

^^
Never thought of that -- if that's the case, then good for Bal. I am over not receiving the box -- the only thing that bothered me was what if the UPS pplz smashed the box or it was accidentally cut open, the bag would have been possibly been cut too -- thtz why I like the Bal box inside the shipping box -- xtra protection. We will see when my PT gets here tomorrow -- will she or won't she be in a box -- stay-tuned....:smile: