Last year for the ridged caviar?

Jul 10, 2007
I hope I'm posting this question in the right thread section :o

Can anyone tell me the last hologram series of the ridged caviar?
Was it the 10 series or was the 11 series still that ridged more structured caviar?
Thank you so very much for allow me to ask you and thank you in advance for your time and info.
Happy Holidays!!

[The three bags I speak of do have relatively thick caviar and grainy but 09a bag most rigid. Now I think caviar ALOT softer and thinner. QUOTE=Lady Chinadoll;17499268]Thank you so much pls5.
My brown caviar in the 13 series is much softer than my gst 11 series so I was wondering if any jumbo flaps came with the same thicker leather as my gst.[/QUOTE]

[I will check my bags when I get home... QUOTE=Lady Chinadoll;17504577]Any other chanel experts have any thoughts on when / what the hologram number was for the ridge caviar for jumbos?

Many thanks![/QUOTE]

my 09a which was more rigid and structured was a 130... bag. the 10c yellow was 132... and black caviar 129... in all cases thicker grainier caviar than now... but the latter two softer... the difference i noticed was that the 09a was made in france while 2 softer bags made in italy... it's probably around the time that there was a shift... now they are all super soft and caviar less bumpy ;) hth. but yes authenticators might know for sure... i seems like maybe there was a transition period when there was a mix and maybe even prior to the 09a bag they were even stiffer! but at least that one bag was much different than the toher two i bought around the same time..

I agree, the 09A bags are very sturdy. They feel about the same as my Black Caviar SHW which is a 126xxxxxx, around the same time as 09C and they were also nicely structured.
I believe the last of the "old" Caviar was the 2007 11 series.

Interesting. Thanks for the info! Was it even thicker and stiffer? I guess I can look for examples... but I know I was struck re 09a bag from day one and how different from its relative contemporaries... I really don't like the "new new" caviar at all.

I agree, the 09A bags are very sturdy. They feel about the same as my Black Caviar SHW which is a 126xxxxxx, around the same time as 09C and they were also nicely structured.
I believe the last of the "old" Caviar was the 2007 11 series.[/QUOTE]

I only know what I learned from research around the forum. I guess I really started reading about the time things were changing, so I was interested in the changes since I was going to get my first bag. I know in 2008, the Caviar & Lambskin were both soft & less structured. The 09C Caviar was much improved and more like older caviar. Then of course 09P was a smooshy mess. So there were 3 types of Caviar, the Old riged Caviar, The soft Caviar and what Minal called the "stealth smooshy"...lmao. Still structured but not quite up to the old standard. Now of course we just had the softer iridescent and now the washed. 11P is supposed to be the iridescent again. Not a fan.

Last edited: