Last Time You Saw a New Stella on Sale?

swan1

Dec 26, 2008
Really want to buy a Stella (new, not used). Have also been looking at Stams. Of course, these are two of the most popular styles. How often have you seen Stellas for less than full price? Is this one of those dreams that just isn't worth chasing? Thanks!

the last time i saw them on sale was during the crazy saks sale in november. since then nwt stellas have been all over ebay. iirc, the stella came back for resort and one of the colors was red and maybe i saw a purple, but i've only ever seen them at the boutiques. they won't go on sale there. i really think ebay is your best bet. you can find new ones for a good deal. good luck!

Thanks for your replies! I should have mentioned that I've never bought anything through ebay. I'm just too worried about all the problems other have written about, and I'm also concerned about having personal information registered on the site.

^^^ buying through eBay can sometimes be nerve wracking and your concerns are warranted. With that said, I would say 99% of us have shopped or sold on eBay and even with some problems, tend to be reoccurring customers because of the great deals.

When you pay through eBay, you generally pay through Paypal who will have all your personal information but the seller will not. The seller will get paid but will only know your email address and name. Of course, they will also have to know your address to send your package to you, but that is common sense.

Either way, the deals on eBay and Bonanzle are great right now and are especially good for older styles. Good luck in your search!

I just got a stella in ivory on sale (about 30% off) from Bloomingdales.com few weeks ago. I don't think they have it anymore but doesn't hurt to check out the site once in a while. You never know what you'll find!

You can also call Nordstrom and have the S.A. check their computers to see if there is a Stella that is still in stock.

Also, if you are not comfortable with E-bay (I have never had any trouble on E-bay and have found some wonderful deals), try Bonanzle. I feel that most of the handbag sellers on Bonanzle (especially the MJ's) are people that are members here or are serious collectors. There is a lot more communication back and forth on Bonanzle. I have purchased two items on Bonanzle, both from forum members and they have been really easy, stress-free transactions.