Last One Is Here!!

cathyfitz

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
This is so bittersweet! What may be my last customized Ignes arrived. It's my mini-Gabrielle, in Pearlized Grey, with Turquoise Suede mixed in the handle and in the bottom middle panel, Blurple suede lining, silver hw, stud-feet added to bottom, magnetic closures instead of zipper, and no side panel snaps, with the strap shortened to 13". This is perfection for me with the customizations I was able to make. I finally worked through what I loved and would like changed, and now I might not be able to duplicate it:cry: But, I'll try to not be sad, and remain thrilled with this lovely. As before, my pictures are cr*ppy and can't do her justice.

IMG_2636.jpg

My first and special "naughty bottom"

IMG_2637.jpg

Slouchy yumminess, unstuffed:

IMG_2640.jpg

I had originally merely requested magnetic closure instead of zipper. The craftsmen believed I meant the snap closure as in the Sophia, which I actually did. I had not seen the snap closure on the mini-E until I had received it. Maria didn't like how the purse was open at the top with this kind of closure and sent me this picture:

Maria-1.jpg

She had already checked with them about the ability to change it to two of the Emily-type closures without hurting the bag, and as it was possible, she held it back from my first shipment to check with me. Talk about service!

So if you can see the difference, this is how the bag closes now (I had to hold it open to show the snaps):

IMG_2639.jpg

I love, love, love this bag. The Pearlized Grey is so soft if feels padded, if that makes sense. It has everything I want in a bag. I can't capture the lining color, as it looks very blue in my pictures.

Also, I forgot to point out that I had the end caps of the braided handles done in the turquoise suede also. Love this leather, love the customizations, love this bag!

Last edited:
I almost got magnetic closures on my Mini-Gabby but I was afraid of how the leather would start slouching (gaping hole in centre), how does it move when it's not empty and carried? I have a 13" strap as well, best length in my book (or on my body ;) !)

I love the pearlized grey in this! And I love that slight peek at the naughty bottom!

I almost got magnetic closures on my Mini-Gabby but I was afraid of how the leather would start slouching (gaping hole in centre), how does it move when it's not empty and carried? I have a 13" strap as well, best length in my book (or on my body ;) !)

I love the pearlized grey in this! And I love that slight peek at the naughty bottom!

I'm very pleased with the magnetic closures. The zipper was just too much work for a daytime bag to get in and out of. And I also have never been a fan of the magnets on the outside pockets, as I never snap them closed and don't like to put my iPhone in them as I'm afraid it'd be scratched. Can't believe I just realized I could ask to not have them!

This bag is totally unstructured (except for slightly on the bottom) and the leather is very smooshy. One snap of either kind in the middle would have left gaping open ends (as Maria discovered). The two snaps are at the spot where the braided handles are attached. I've loaded her up with everything and given her a trial run. If I snap her closed, then pick her up by the braided handles, she smooshes a little at the bottom and there is a small gap in the middle. But as soon as I put her on my shoulder, the gap is gone. I should add that because there is no reinforcement, including on the sides, the ends do have small gaps where the straps attach. I'm sure this is just because there is no reinforcement, and do not occur with more structure as on my other mini-g. This is not a complaint for me. I do not find it unattractive. The bag just acts slightly like a hobo. I love this, mind you, but wanted to answer your question honestly.:biggrin:

SK: I just realized as I was once again looking at your purchases, that I stated almost the exact same thing when I started this thread as you did on your last one - how bittersweet!:roflmfao:

I love the sneaky bit of turquoise suede on the bottom. I think I was one of those that told you not to do that, and good for you that you did not listen! I also really like the little peaks of the interior suede - the snap closure really shows that off in a subtle way.

Great bag!

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I really love this bag.

And, JB, I very much appreciated your opinion about the suede bottom and took it to heart. It would have been too dirty on suede to have the entire bottom panel. And it was Maria who suggested that tiny middle panel (which I hadn't even realized was separate). I'm so happy with just that little peak of the turquoise and I'm not afraid of it getting dirty as I specifically had the bottom panel structured and added the feet.

Now I love this PG so much that ....

Maria sent me an email "thank you" for my email "thank you" and mentioned that she had ordered more PG than she could use, so....

I just asked her if I could squeeze in a Luisa in PG, with silver hw, any of the beautiful blue or purple suede linings they have, and possibly Blue Shine as the T (if they have more of that). Any other suggestions for the T? I want this to be more casual than my other dressy Luisas.